Clear All
  • pzspinz
    • May 2017
    • 5.3.x

Image Resize and Uploading Image Issues

Hi I am using vBulletin Cloud -- the latest version 5.3.0

Resize Images set to: Yes

On the desktop, when I upload a larger image, I get this error:
    "The Dimension limits for this filetype are 1440 x 900. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 3264 x 2448."

On my iPhone, when I upload a larger image, I get this error:
    "Your file of 2172582 bytes exceeds the limit of 900000"

I know I can increase the Max Width/ Max File Size in the attachment type manager, but why is my resize not working correctly? Are there other settings I should be trying out?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

vBulletin tries to resize. If it can't it will fail and let you know. When it fails, you have to resize the image manually in a graphics editor. In the first case, the dimensions are too large and vBulletin can't make the image fit within all three parameters of height, width, and file size. In the second case the file size is too big and vBulletin cannot make the image fit within all three parameters of height, width, and file size.

You can adjust the sizes of images that can be uploaded to an extent in the AdminCP under Attachments -> Attachment Type Manager. However, you will still be limited by your server's PHP and MySQL settings.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pzspinz
      • May 2017
      • 5.3.x

Thanks. How do you edit the config.php and regular php settings if I'm using Vbulletin Cloud? Wanted to see if there are any parameters there that I can make more robust.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

vBulletin Cloud is configured to allow uploads up to 15 Megabytes in size. We cannot adjust it to go any higher.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• pzspinz
          • May 2017
          • 5.3.x

How do I edit the config.php and regular php settings if I'm using Vbulletin Cloud?

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by pzspinz
            How do I edit the config.php and regular php settings if I'm using Vbulletin Cloud?
            You can't.

There's nothing in there that needs editing anyway. That file only deals with things like database connections and general server configuration settings, none of which apply to Cloud as it's properly optimised in the first place.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
              • Aug 2000

Originally posted by pzspinz

As stated above.. Cloud has its PHP already configured to allow uploads up to 15 megabytes. It isn't going to be changed to be larger. If you need larger files, you will need to use the download version and either a VPS or Dedicated Server with root access.

Cloud sites don't have a config.php file in the traditional sense. All cloud sites run off the same set of files with their own databases and upload (attachments, avatars, CSS Images) storage spaces.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Ankzkumar
                • Aug 2016
                • 5.2.x

I have root access and have a VPS server . I am also getting this error . Let me know what should i do ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                  • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Ankzkumar
                  I have root access and have a VPS server . I am also getting this error . Let me know what should i do ?
                  Since you're not using vBulletin Cloud, the answers in this topic won't be relevant to you.

Open your own topic on the issue and provide the answers to the questions found here: https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/foru...swered-quickly

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment