add more than one poll/event in a topic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • [BLD]
    • Mar 2017
    • 5.2.x

add more than one poll/event in a topic?

Hello,

I wanted to know if there's a way to add more than one poll/event in a topic.
    just asking because my forum start to look a bit like "garbage" with that much topics ....
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

No, sorry, this isn't possible.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

The poll system was designed to only have one poll per topic.

In my opinion, it wouldn't​ make sense to have multiple polls in one topic. I've never seen something like that. That might cause more confusion and unnecessary replies and comments such as "which poll were you referring to?" and contribute to more "garbage" in your forum.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• [BLD]
        • Mar 2017
        • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
        The poll system was designed to only have one poll per topic.

In my opinion, it wouldn't​ make sense to have multiple polls in one topic. I've never seen something like that. That might cause more confusion and unnecessary replies and comments such as "which poll were you referring to?" and contribute to more "garbage" in your forum.
        Not in the case of a subject that appeals to several votes concerning the same subject.

Example: I want to organize a daily event and I want members to vote for the schedules.

A single topic for several poll will definitely less "garbage" than 7 topic for 7 votes.

And imagine what my site will look like after only one month ..

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

You can allow multiple choice for a poll. So you would have your 7 options and users can vote for multiple choices.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• [BLD]
            • Mar 2017
            • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            You can allow multiple choice for a poll. So you would have your 7 options and users can vote for multiple choices.
            I know about multiple choice but it still doesn't solve the problem for my daily event example.

"TOPIC"

Monday event schedule vote :

1st Poll

(multiple choice
            1am
            2am
            3am
            etc ..

tuesday

2nd poll

(multiple choice)

1am
            2am
            3am
            etc ...

total polls needed (7) supposing for a daily event

Explain me how you expect to set 7 options (days) and 24 options for each days (schedules) in a single poll

it would be good if there were a way to add "poll/event" when posting inside the topic

or a community calendar where members could vote/aptempt on upcoming events could be the solution ... is this kind of features available in vbulletin? if not, is that possible via external?
            Last edited by [BLD]; Tue 11 Apr '17, 2:32am.

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
              vBulletin Support
              • Aug 2002
              • 5.7.X

Wow, so you want to have 168 different checkboxes at the top of a single topic? Have you even tried photoshopping that to see how that would even look?!

Personally, I'd go with one topic per day as even at 24 different options...
              Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
              - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
                vBulletin Support
                • Aug 2002
                • 5.7.X

You might be better looking at somewhere like Doodle:

Doodle is the fastest and easiest way to schedule anything — from meetings to the next great collaboration.
                Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
                - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• [BLD]
                  • Mar 2017
                  • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant
                  Wow, so you want to have 168 different checkboxes at the top of a single topic? Have you even tried photoshopping that to see how that would even look?!

Personally, I'd go with one topic per day as even at 24 different options...
                  Not really, but your publication meant having 168 checkboxes or maybe a misunderstanding "You can allow multiple choice for a poll. So you would have your 7 options and users can vote for multiple choices."

and not necessary all poll/event at the top of a topic but also a option to add event/poll when posting inside topic for example

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

I made this suggestion early on, it got some positive feedback but it has not yet been implemented- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9535 - feel free to vote for it.

Comment

• [BLD]
                      • Mar 2017
                      • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                      I made this suggestion early on, it got some positive feedback but it has not yet been implemented- http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-9535 - feel free to vote for it.
                      thanks for the link but where to vote? I don't understand the page

Comment

• [BLD]
                        • Mar 2017
                        • 5.2.x

Originally posted by Joe D.
                        ah nvm, just found it on left side. thank you

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...