• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crackle
    • Nov 2016

RSS feed and subscriptions

Hello.

2 questions.

I have my settings>options>external data provider>enable RSS syndication set to "yes" but I am not getting the RSS icon in my forum. It worked when I did the same in the cloud demo. What else do I need to do?

My users would like to have an emailed daily digest/subscription of ALL new content on the forum sent daily. I can see how to subscribe to each sub forum, but is there a way to subscribe to all of the forum content and have it sent in a single email digest?

Thank you. I appreciate your help. Quite new at this.

• crackle
    • Nov 2016

Bump

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

The RSS icon will only show for the forums that Unregistered Users are allowed to view. The RSS feed has no permissions on it, so you don't want it to show for private forums or else everyone would be able to see it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• crackle
        • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Lynne
        The RSS icon will only show for the forums that Unregistered Users are allowed to view. The RSS feed has no permissions on it, so you don't want it to show for private forums or else everyone would be able to see it.
        Thank you!

Comment