X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana rover
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.3.x

User profile field report

How would I go about pulling a report or statistic from one or all of the user fields?

I'm trying to get a list of member locations and a new field I added on how they heard of us.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

There isn't a way to do this onCloud, sorry.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Replicant
      • Sep 2014

This is possible in the users section of the admincp. Admincp > Users > Search user, scroll down to the section User Profile Field Options, select yes on user fields location and How they heard of us and click the find button. It will give you a list of all users with the info you're looking for provided it was entered by the user.

Comment

• montana rover
        • Oct 2016
        • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
        There isn't a way to do this onCloud, sorry.
        Not happy about that!

Comment

• montana rover
          • Oct 2016
          • 5.3.x

Originally posted by Replicant
          This is possible in the users section of the admincp. Admincp > Users > Search user, scroll down to the section User Profile Field Options, select yes on user fields location and How they heard of us and click the find button. It will give you a list of all users with the info you're looking for provided it was entered by the user.
          Thanks, I tried it. It's a crude way, but if you had a lot of members you would have to sort threw pages of members. Some of the search info doesn't even display on the results page. You would have to click on each member to see the info you were searching for. It would be nice once you get your search results page, it would be nice if you could do a column sort which would help a lot.

Is there a wild card I could enter in some of the fields?

Comment

• Replicant
            Replicant commented
            Editing a comment
            Not that I know of. I thought you were just looking for those two fields for statistical data. I figured you could copy and paste the info into a spread sheet and sort it using the SS funtionality. I didn't realize you were looking to display the info on the site.
        • glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Originally posted by montana rover
          Some of the search info doesn't even display on the results page. You would have to click on each member to see the info you were searching for.
          There is a "Display Options" section and "User Profile Field Options" where you could specify which fields to show in the search results.

Originally posted by montana rover
          Is there a wild card I could enter in some of the fields?
          If you specify a keyword to search, it already tries to find a match for it anywhere in the string. If a custom field is a Website URL and you enter .com in the field, then it will match all URLs that contain .com anywhere in the URL. For example, it will match "www.google.com" or "www.computer.org"

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• montana rover
            • Oct 2016
            • 5.3.x

Thanks

Comment