X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maxzp
    • Oct 2016
    • 5.2.x

Content Slider sticky_only

After few day research, finally understanding the concept of control the slider show,
    if I want the slider show just showing the top 5 sticky posts show the code would be????

{"date":{"from":"30"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery"],"sort":{"created":"desc"}}
    Where do I add the "sticky_only":"1"

And what does it mean by 1 in sticky_only???

Also how can I change showing the current page?

Thank you very much

Here is a really good article for understand how to use content slider http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/artic...he-search-json Hope it would help everyone
    Last edited by Maxzp; Sat 5 Nov '16, 7:41am.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Try:

Code:
    {"sticky_only": 1, "date":{"from":"30"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery"],"sort":{"created":"desc"}}
    1 means true, while 0 means false or don't specify sticky_only at all.

That JSON search criteria means to fetch sticky posts ( Gallery posts only which means posts with attached photos using Camera icon only) from the last 30 days sorted by created date in descending order.

If you want all sticky posts regardless of post type, then remove:

Code:
    "type":["vBForum_Gallery"],
    Last edited by glennrocksvb; Sat 5 Nov '16, 9:18am.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Maxzp
      Maxzp commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Glenn the sticky only is working, but the current page function is not working

I added {"sticky_only": 1, "date":{"from":"30"},"type":["vBForum_Gallery"],"sort":{"created":"desc"}} Sub-forum A
      and {"sticky_only": 1, "date":{"from":"30"},"sort":{"created":"desc"}} Sub - forum b

both showing kind of same the top 5 latest sticky from the whole site, maybe I clear what I want

I want the code which can point the Slider only showing the current forum
      So, if I input the code in sub-forum A, the slider will only show the sub-forum A sticky topic.

Because I have a lot of sub-forum, so I want to setup one template for all forum, so I don't need to setup hundreds of template.

Once again, thank you so much Glenn.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

I'm afraid you have to do it per forum and save the page overwriting the page template. You would add this in the JSON:
    Code:
    "channel":"nodeid of forum here"

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Sharon Jackson
      • Sep 2017
      • 5.3.x

Hi there, I was hoping that I could get some help with my content slider please (been struggling with it for 2 days )

I have it setup and working, but the images only display when logged in. I would like the content slider to be visible to everyone, logged in or not.

I also have NivoSlider, but I am having no luck with that either.

I'm a bit of a novice at customising my VBulletin site, but would really appreciate some help please.

Thanking you in advance

Sharon

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Sharon Jackson
        Hi there, I was hoping that I could get some help with my content slider please (been struggling with it for 2 days )

I have it setup and working, but the images only display when logged in. I would like the content slider to be visible to everyone, logged in or not.

I also have NivoSlider, but I am having no luck with that either.

I'm a bit of a novice at customising my VBulletin site, but would really appreciate some help please.

Thanking you in advance

Sharon

Make sure that Guest users Can Download Image Attachments under Channel Management -> Channel Permissions.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Sharon Jackson
          Sharon Jackson commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you Wayne

As I've said I'm a novice, then do I edit the channel that holds the posts for the content slider?

I can not find any option in relation to Guest Users or Can Download Image Attachments. The version we are running is 5.4.5.

Are you able to explain a litte further, I appreciate your help.

Ignore all that! Well apart from the thank you Wayne bit!
          I couldnt find the right place at first, but now it's done!
          I managed to get it sorted! You're a legend!
          Last edited by Sharon Jackson; Fri 23 Nov '18, 4:41pm.