• Feb 2010
    • 3.8.x

Alternative of VBCloud

My forum link : www.bangalorebikers.in
    Running version : VB 5.2.3
    Hosting : VBCloud

Looking for an alternative of VBCloud.

Reasons
    • VBCloud doesn't support Tapatalk. More than 60% members now don't login to my forum. Due to no tapatalk, forum activities have gone down drastically.
    • Can not use third party plugins like DBTech Shoutbox, DBTech likes/dislikes feature etc. Members have been asking for it from the day 1 my forum is hosted on VBcloud.
    Question to VB Team
    • If I buy the vbulletin latest version 5.2.3, is there any package where vb team will do the professional installation for me ?
    • What is the best hosting solution you recommend other than vbcloud ? I will need Tapatalk access, Shoutbox etc plugin to work.
    Question to the forum admins who run 5.2.3 on different hosting other than VBCloud.
    • Can you please suggest me the best hosting for VB 5.2.3 ?
    • If you have Tapaltak, is there any issue with Tapatalk on VB 5.2.3 ? Does it run smoothly without any hiccup ?
    • Please pass me your forum link
    • Anyone using DBTech Shoutbox ? Its important for my forum and I have licensed copy of the shoutbox. Currently VBCloud doesn't support shoutbox.
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
    John

• Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can purchase the download version and purchase the profession installation. We will install it on any standard hosting provider. We will provide a database backup that can be restored on your new hosting account so you don't lose any data.

We don't suggest particular hosting providers as the market is very fluid. Any provider offering PHP 5.6 or PHP 7.0 along with MySQL 5.5 or higher should be suitable. Tapatalk is a third-party software package. We don't evaluate its performance.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blrjohn07
      • Feb 2010
      • 3.8.x

Wayne Luke, Thank you for the reply. Installing VB5 to a server may not be complicated for me. But restoring database and making the forum working on new host is complicated to me. So will VBTeam do the database transfer to the new hosting and make the my forum ready for me ? I am ready to pay for that.

Most importantly I need to hear from few forum admins who are not on VBCloud. Can someone please pass me few forums link which are not on vbcloud ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        • Aug 2000

If you purchase the professional installation, it is something that can be done. However, you get a single file that contains your database. Your new hosting provider can also restore this for you. Most do at no extra charge.

I can't give out customer information for you to contact them.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blrjohn07
          • Feb 2010
          • 3.8.x

Wayne Luke, Thank you again. So I will buy VBulletin 5 with professional installation package and pass you the hosting credential. And you can do the needful to make my forum running on the new host right ?

If yes then I will proceed with the purchase soon.

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

Originally posted by blrjohn07
            Wayne Luke, Thank you again. So I will buy VBulletin 5 with professional installation package and pass you the hosting credential. And you can do the needful to make my forum running on the new host right ?

If yes then I will proceed with the purchase soon.
            If you purchase the professional installation as well as the software license, then yes we will do that for you.

If you just purchase the software license, then we will provide you (on request) with a database dump and you install and import yourself. We have instructions for this.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• blrjohn07
              • Feb 2010
              • 3.8.x

I have purchased the VB5 with professional installation package on 12th Oct 2016. I have updated the worksheet in Members area as well. I have received the below email from vb support team.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-19 at 23.24.24 (2).png
Views:	188
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	4357067

Its been 7 days and my forum is still not moved to the new server.

Can you help me out on this ? Its very urgent as I have our club anniversary event coming up shortly. More than 70% members are not active due to tapatalk not supporting. Can you please help me to move my forum to new server a bit fast ?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

We'll get to it as soon as we can. There are other installations before you in the queue.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• William Thomas Jr
                  • Nov 2014
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by blrjohn07
                  [/LIST]

Question to the forum admins who run 5.2.3 on different hosting other than VBCloud.
                  • Can you please suggest me the best hosting for VB 5.2.3 ?
                  • If you have Tapaltak, is there any issue with Tapatalk on VB 5.2.3 ? Does it run smoothly without any hiccup ?
                  • Please pass me your forum link
                  • Anyone using DBTech Shoutbox ? Its important for my forum and I have licensed copy of the shoutbox. Currently VBCloud doesn't support shoutbox.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
                  John
                  • I use Siteground Cloud Hosting: https://www.siteground.com/cloud-hosting.htm My current setup consists of 6 3.0 GHZ CPU CORES and 10 GIGS of RAM and SSD HD.
                  • I am using a higher tier than free Tapatalk plan at this moment. I have apps for both IOS and Android. I have only one issue with Tapatalk in Vb 5.2.4. When editing the home page with the product enabled Sitebuilder will not save the main page. A quick work around is to disable the product before using Sitebuilder.
                  • Here is my Forum: Christian Forums
                  • Not using DBTECH SHOUTBOX, but I have "Dbtech info panels" running on the activity page: https://www.christforums.org/Activity and I also have disabled the Dbtech likes: etc. I do not recommend Dbtech products, especially because they are in Beta stages. Instead I recommend products with a lot less headache: http://vbmods.rocks/

Enjoy,
                  William
                  Last edited by William Thomas Jr; Fri 18 Nov '16, 1:44am.

Comment

• Replicant
                    Replicant commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Does Tapatalk now display comments in posts?

• William Thomas Jr
                    William Thomas Jr commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I wouldn't know Replicant, I disabled comments the first week I began using VB.
                • blrjohn07
                  • Feb 2010
                  • 3.8.x

After I have purchased VB5 with professional installation package on 12th October 2016, it's been 21 days and I hear nothing from VB team. How pathetic the customer service could be. <br />
                  <br />
                  Does it really take so long to move database from cloud to godaddy server? Do I at least expect a courtesy response on this? <br />
                  <br />
                  Can you kindly confirm when my forum will be moved from Vbcloud?

Comment

• Mark.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    • Feb 2004
                    • 6.0.X

I'm sorry for the delay, we'll pick this up as soon as we can.
                    MARK.B
                    vBulletin Support
                    ------------
                    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
                    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                      • Aug 2000

Your database is fairly large and there were problems importing it into your new hosting provider since there wasn't root access and they wouldn't restore it with the higher permission set. Due to this, there were several critical records that were corrupted and had to be rebuilt manually. Due to the nature of this, fixing some things caused errors with others. However as stated in your ticket, your site is now online and should be reviewed by yourself so I can know if there are any other problems.

I can already see one potential problem with attachments. For an unknown reason, they are stored in the pre-3.0.0 format which uses a single directory for each user. So hopefully there isn't a directory/file limit on your server. If there is, then attachments can break in the future. Unfortunately, I don't think there are enough resources on your hosting package to rectify this as it requires moving every attachment into the database and then saving them in the file system again.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• blrjohn07
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 3.8.x

Mark.B, Wayne Luke

Any update about my forum ? When can we finish this job ? A month is over I have purchased the VB5 with professional installation package and till now my forum is not shifted from VBCloud. Can you guys be a bit more professional and let me know when this will be done ? Give me a deadline please.

Comment

• blrjohn07
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 3.8.x

Anyone listening me ?

Wayne Luke, can you please let me know what need to be done to move my forum successfully from vbcloud ?

Comment

• Nintenex
                            • Oct 2016
                            • 5.2.x

Hi, I was wondering how you were able to get the "Like us on facebook" module

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...