vBulletin cloud, changed to new custom domain and doesn't work (nor the new, nor the old)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MPandolfo
    • May 2016
    • 5.2.x

vBulletin cloud, changed to new custom domain and doesn't work (nor the new, nor the old)

Recently, I started to develop a new forum using VBulletin Cloud.
    I used one of my own existing domain names and did a lot of configurations to the forum and everything worked OK.

Later, I got a new domain name, more adequate to the topic of the forum, and decided to point the existing forum to this new domain.
    Of course, I set a CNAME record for the new domain pointing to the URL provided by vBulletin (2779bdc66fbf-002639.vbulletin.net).
    Then, on the vBCloud Console, switched the old domain off, and changed the domain to the new name.

Here the trouble begins. Even though I was able to open the forum page via the new name, I was not able to log in... then I tried to change the name back to the original (via the Cloud Console) and I cannot, the message "
    There was an error while trying to update the domain: We are unable to make the change at this time, please try again later." is displayed.

While navigating the "new" site, I can see that its pages still seem point to names containing the old domain name, but even when I manage to access the AdminCP of the forum I cannot find where this can be changed.

What shall I do?
    Please advice.

Thank you!
  • Trevor Hannant
    vBulletin Support
    • Aug 2002
    • 5.7.X

Please fill out a support ticket at:

Please include a complete description of the problem and be sure to include the details of the URL you want pointing to your Cloud site.
    Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
    - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment

• MPandolfo
      • May 2016
      • 5.2.x

Done.
      Thank you!

Comment

• Trevor Hannant
        vBulletin Support
        • Aug 2002
        • 5.7.X

Resolved
        Vote for:

- Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe (vB6)
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s) (vB6)

Comment