X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdogngeorge
    • Mar 2016
    • 5.1.x

"New Topics" vs. "Today's Posts"

I just set up my forum in the past couple weeks and I'd only seen the sub-menu "New Topics" as the first sub-menu item under "Forums". Today for a short period of time I saw "Today's Posts" instead. I went to edit the Navigation Bar to see what was up and sure enough, both are listed as sub-menu items. Why don't they both show up and what condition causes one or the other to appear?

added: What's bizarre is that while in the Edit Navigation screen both of them DO appear on the sub-menu, but then disappear after saving.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

By default, Today's Posts is only for guests. You can change this by editing the options in Site Builder.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• cdogngeorge
      • Mar 2016
      • 5.1.x

Where can I find Site Builder? I see "Rebuild" in the Admin CP and nothing in the "Settings" drop down that mentions Site Builder.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

Sitebuilder is not in the AdminCP. It's in the frontend. You enable it by clicking Edit Site to ON. When enabled, you will see extra navigation menus at the top. Those menus allow Administrators to configure the site inline and on the fly.

Click Navigation Bar, then edit the "Today's Post" menu by clicking the Pencil icon next to it. In the Edit Navigation Item popup, click Edit link and then uncheck "Unregistered / Not Logged In" usergroup. Click OK and Save Changes.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• cdogngeorge
          • Mar 2016
          • 5.1.x

Got it, thanks.

Comment