X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dapol_andy
    • Mar 2016
    • 5.1.x

Blogs and Channels

Hi, Apologies if this has been posted before; I have searched, but couldn't find any references. I believe I may have messed up the blog template somehow?
    Here's what I did:
    • I need to categorize my blogs. Initially I created a few test blogs in the default channel. These appeared with the URL: forum_url/blogs/blogname all was good, summaries and go to post all worked as expected
    • I then (using admin channel manager) created child channels under --Blogs and moved the blog into the appropriate channel.
    • I then changed the template and added channel navigation.
    • Creating new blogs and moving them into the channel worked fine, again clicking on the blog name from channel navigater or 'go to post' from summary worked as expected.
    • I noticed that if I clicked on the channel name (and not the blog inside it) I reached a blank page
    • So, I attempted to create a new page with the same name/URL as the channel, thinking I had created the channel, but not the page. When I tried to save it, I received a message that the age already existed.

Also, somewhere, somehow something else got messed up. Any new blog is now created with the URL: forum_url/#/blogname and although the blog shows in the channel navigator and new post summary clicking on go to post bounces me back to the main forum.
    Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Dapol_andy; Mon 28 Mar '16, 7:53am. Reason: extra detail
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

Blogs in vB5 don't have categories like that...you can't move them about in the channel hierarchy, they will break.

If you submit a support ticket we'll see if we can get them bac to normal for you.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Dapol_andy
      • Mar 2016
      • 5.1.x

Hi - Yep, it broke! Ticket on the way, thanks

Comment