• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Supra_993
    • Dec 2015
    • 5.1.x

Attached Files Downloading Error

Hello,

I am currently building my forum and testing channels permissions. When unregistered users click to download any attachments (non-pics) in a posted topic, a white page shows up. How do I get a message that says that they have to sign up in order to download the files? I get this link http://www.ABCDEFG.com/filedata/fetch?id=76
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You can set permission for attachments under Attachments -> Attachment Permissions in the AdminCP. However, they should never receive a white page. You'll need to open a support ticket using the link in the footer of this page. We'll have to investigate the white page.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Supra_993
      Supra_993 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I did set the Permissions that they cannot download unless they are registered. Registered users can download without any issues.

Thanks
  • Supra_993
    • Dec 2015
    • 5.1.x

I did send a support ticket for this issue and their reply was this:
    "
    Hello,

That is actually a bug here - http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBV-11121 (Note, you must first login to the vbulletin.com forums as a Licensed User before you may see the Jira issue.) There is currently no work around posted in the bug report.

If you have further questions, you will need to post in the forums as your license does not give you access to ticket support.

"

I did open the link but still did not get how to fix the issue?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

Because the bug is not fixed yet.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Supra_993
        Supra_993 commented
        Editing a comment
        oh it has been over two years since this bug was reported "Created: 29/Aug/13 10:42 AM". I hope vBulletin guys fix it soon!

Thanks anyways!

• glennrocksvb
        glennrocksvb commented
        Editing a comment
        You can see the bug is Unassigned and the Fix Version is Backlog. This means that there's no dev working on it yet and not planned to be fixed soon. You can vote for it to get more attention. But that's not a guarantee either.
    • Skyyg Skyg
      • Nov 2015
      • 5.5.x

The same problem,I hope vBulletin guys fix it soon!
      WTF

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

To increase its priority, site owners should click on the link and vote for the issue.

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment