X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historic Trucks
    • Dec 2015
    • 5.1.x

Automatic login with registration. How can this be stopped

Noticed that as soon as someone registers for the site and are awaiting approval/verification they get automatically logged into the site and could then see the whole forum. As we only want people who have been verified to be able to see the forum I have had to currently turn everything off for those awaiting verification which is not a big problem, but now the new registrations/users are logged on and cant see or do anything and are getting frustrated.
    Is there any way to turn off that automatic login until they have been verified.
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

I will try to help you with this one. AdminPC>Channel Management>Channel Permissions. From there select the forum you wish to prevent access to and edit users awaiting confirmation. You will find it in the first 3 Forum Permissions. Just put no in the ones you don't want them to see. Hope this helps you..

Comment

• Historic Trucks
      • Dec 2015
      • 5.1.x

Dale thank you for your reply and yes I fully understand those settings and have got them turned off to those awaiting email confirmation and awaiting moderation.

The problem is as soon as they register and get the pop up letting them know it has been lodged. The next screen they get shows them logged in already but because all the settings are turned off they cant see/do anything.

It is that initial automatic login that I need changed.

As our forum is set up with a cover page that all can see but the rest of the forum is no login no see (private forum)

Comment

• Dale D-FL
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.0.X

Try AdminCP>Settings>User Registration Options Look there to make sure everything is marked the way you want.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

Add a notice that is only visible to Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup, telling the user to check their email to confirm their email address. This notice will display on top of the pages with yellow background.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Historic Trucks
            • Dec 2015
            • 5.1.x

Glen as some of the users on my site are elderly and not up to speed with all this computer stuff I have deleted the awaiting email confirmation step. So they just get the registration message with the incorrect spelling (see attached) then the next screen shows them logged in (see attached).

This automatic login is what I want to switch off.

At this stage of the registration they are still waiting on moderation. Should they even be able to login at all before they are moderated.

Dale looked at all those settings and I believe they are doing what I am asking.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

You cannot disable the automatic login even if user is being moderated or email is being confirmed because they're technically registered with username and password. What you can do is to disable permissions for that group and then just add a notice as I suggested earlier but this time for users awaiting moderation usergroup.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Historic Trucks
                • Dec 2015
                • 5.1.x

Thanks Glen I will make some small changes and alter the notices.

Comment