X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Posting Photos from Tablet/Cell Phones

Is there a trick to posting photos from wireless devices such as Cell Phones and Tablets?. Unfortunately I am at a loss here since I only use a Laptop for my forum so I can't relate to what they are saying. I have some members that use Cell Phones and Tablets to access the forum, but they say they don't know how to post photos in a post while using them. Would appreciate some feedback on this.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Tell them to use the Camera icon to post photos.

Adding photos via the Paper with clip icon will not work due to ckeditor not enabled on touch devices. I have a Mobile CKEditor Fix mod that will enable CKEditor and fix Attachment and Smiley icons to work on those devices.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Thank you for the quick response Glenn. I will relay your reply to them.

Comment

• WillsC
        • Mar 2015
        • 5.1.x

Dale,

The other issue is size. If the picture is over 2 MB the software will not resize them and phones these days are taking 5+MB pictures. What I do and what I tell my forum to do is simply text or email the picture to yourself....so from you to you and the phone will resize it automatically for you then just up load that picture.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

If you go to AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Type Manager, you can globally set the max file size.and/or dimensions per file extension. You can also override the max file size setting per usergroup in Attachments > Attachment Permissions.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by WillsC
            Dale,

The other issue is size. If the picture is over 2 MB the software will not resize them and phones these days are taking 5+MB pictures. What I do and what I tell my forum to do is simply text or email the picture to yourself....so from you to you and the phone will resize it automatically for you then just up load that picture.
            WillsC,

Thank you for the feedback.I will pass that on.

Comment

• Dale D-FL
              • Jul 2014
              • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
              If you go to AdminCP > Attachments > Attachment Type Manager, you can globally set the max file size.and/or dimensions per file extension. You can also override the max file size setting per usergroup in Attachments > Attachment Permissions.
              Glenn, thank you for the follow up. You folks in Tech Support are top shelf..

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Dale D-FL

Glenn, thank you for the follow up. You folks in Tech Support are top shelf..
                You're welcome. But I'm not a support staff.

Comment

• Dale D-FL
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                  You're welcome. But I'm not a support staff.
                  ROFL, Sorry about that Glenn I just noticed that under your avatar. That's alright buddy,you're still top shelf in my book.

Comment

• WillsC
                    • Mar 2015
                    • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Dale D-FL

That's alright buddy,you're still top shelf in my book.
                    Mine too

Comment