X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

IP Address Question

As I was viewing some of my members profiles this morning I noticed that it appears that everyone of them have the same IP Address which is mine. Why would that be?
  • Lynne
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Oct 2004

Are they showing up with the same IP when you go to the Who's Online page? There was an issue last week with everyone showing up with the same IP, but the cloud devs quickly fixed that issue on Friday.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Dale D-FL
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Lynne, they are appearing correctly under Who's Online page.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

There was a bug at one time that would update their registration IP Address if their account was manually edited in the AdminCP. If you're doing this, the bug may still be making its presence known. We only log IP addresses at registration and when the user makes a post. The IP addresses shown on the Who's Online page is transient data and only valid for that specific session. Sessions are deleted after 1 hour of inactivity and not permanently logged.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dale D-FL
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.0.X

Thanks for the feedback Wayne.

Comment

• Dale D-FL
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            There was a bug at one time that would update their registration IP Address if their account was manually edited in the AdminCP. If you're doing this, the bug may still be making its presence known. We only log IP addresses at registration and when the user makes a post. The IP addresses shown on the Who's Online page is transient data and only valid for that specific session. Sessions are deleted after 1 hour of inactivity and not permanently logged.
            Wayne, for the record you are probably right since I have had to reset a couple of members passwords in the past when they forgot them. I assume that is what cause this to happen. Once again thank you for the response.

Dale
            Last edited by Dale D-FL; Tue 27 Oct '15, 6:00am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...