X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Scheduled Tasks - Channel Subscriptions Not Working

On this VB Forum. I get a notification every time someone responds to my thread, leaves a comment, likes my comment and so on. Or If I click the 'Subscribe' button I get a notification for new updates in that section.

On our forum we have none of that, zero. People are asking us how to make it work and I can't figure it out. It sounds like I can go into Scheduled Tasks and turn the Default Subscription Mode to 'Instant". But I do not have a Scheduled Tasks button in our Admin CP.

Am I on the right track? Are we missing that button?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Users have to turn the notifications on in the User Settings > Notifications tab.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

Just checked, my notification settings on here and on our forum are identical. I have not received a notification on our forum since our migration, can't confirm with all our members but from what I hear no one has been getting them. Tried all the Management tools but they didn't reset anything for us.

Comment

• BigJim
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

Just to add what flash has already stated... Each of our users that ask about it, do in fact have their notifications turned on.

Comment

• Flash04jv
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

Friendly bump

Comment

• Flash04jv
            • Aug 2015
            • 5.1.x

Maybe found something.

I was messing with Promotions and it says something must be set in Scheduled Tasks. So I clicked that Scheduled Tasks hyperlink and it says I don't have permission to access that area.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

What you need to do is run email diagnostic to check if sending email is working. This is disabled on vBCloud too. You need to ask a support staff to do this for you.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Flash04jv
                Flash04jv commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks.... I'll wait until someone sees this I guess.
            • Flash04jv
              • Aug 2015
              • 5.1.x

I am also trying to set up promotions we used to have (for some reason they are gone now), so new users with less than 10 posts can't participate in one of our forums. I set up a Promotion but it's not switching over for my test account once I hit 10 posts, I'm waiting to see if this cron timer thing will switch it over but it hasn't yet. I don't know how long that comes around since I guess the setting for that is in the Scheduled Task area....

Comment

• BigJim
                • Aug 2015
                • 5.1.x

Do we not have access to the scheduled tasks area?

Comment

• Flash04jv
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 5.1.x

I know you guys are busy, trying to be patient as I can. Wondering if there is anyone working on this or our tickets? Haven't heard any updates in some time.

Comment

• Flash04jv
                    • Aug 2015
                    • 5.1.x

Help seems to be on the way! Thanks guys!

Comment