X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Getting an Email for every post made?

I switched our Moderators to the Primary Users in the Moderators Usergroup. Suddenly one of them told me he is receiving emails for every post made on the forum, even in areas he does not have permission to view. I quickly switched him back to the Secondary Users and he said he isn't getting them now. Tried adding my test account to the Primary Users but I can't recreate it.

Is there an option that may allow him to receive emails for every post made?
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

My guess is he needs to change his Notifications setting. Tell him to click on his name at the top of the page, in the drop down select user settings then select notifications and in the email notification box select "Off, through my Message Center only" Tell him to make sure and scroll to the bottom one he does this and click Save Changes. Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Dale D-FL; Sat 17 Oct '15, 5:47am.

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

I am having him check. So if that's true anyone could turn that on and receive notifications for all forums? Even ones they do not have permissions to? Hope it's something else.

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

I figured it out. In the Moderator Permissions sections, there are two options at the bottom of their Moderator Manager that enables them to receive emails with new posts or topics. When I put them in the Primary Moderator group those two would go to yes. So I switched them to no.

Comment