X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Flagged Post and Moderation Notifications

Some of our Registered members are receiving notifications and emails for flagged posts. They can't read the posts, just see the number of reported posts. We have scoured the user groups for what is causing this but can't find what option would need changed.

We only want moderators to receive this notification for flagged posts. They get it, but so do lots of our regular Registered Users.

Also, what is the functionality of the section in member messages that says 'Moderation'. No matter what I try I can't make a notification pop up in there.

• Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Figured something out. When I turn on our 2015 Donation Members I can also see a 'flagged posts' section pop up under the Moderation section shown above. Now what does that mean I need to do...

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

I've gone side by side over the 2015 user group and other groups. Can't find a single difference in user groups. Also checked out permissions and don't see anything different in there either.

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

We can't find anything so far. I copied the 2014 permissions to 2015 and it didn't work. We don't want to delete the whole group.

Any advice here?

Comment

• Flash04jv
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

Nothing? Maybe I need to ask simpler questions.

How do I make these highlighted items in the Message Center go away using options or permission within a usergroup?

Comment

• Flash04jv
            • Aug 2015
            • 5.1.x

Maybe this is one of those self awareness tests, where I just talk myself through the issue and find the answer eventually.

Tried creating user group after user group to find the thing that is different but come up with nothing every time.

Probably going to have to create a new group and manually add members over to it since we can't figure it out by ourselves. We have over 15,000 reported posts in our old Mod area, which was awesome to have reported posts transferred there automatically, but that option is gone now. I'd rather take the time moving people than dealing with all the drama when someone sees there post reported by someone they just made mad.

Guess this has everyone stumped....

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

I've verified this happening on my forum as well using a test user. I'm going to look into why it's happening. Until I figure it out, try this CSS to hide it.
              Code:
               #privateMessageNavContainer > div > div:nth-child(7) > div:nth-child(8){
               display: none;

Comment

• Flash04jv
                Flash04jv commented
                Editing a comment
                I tried it, it only hid the 'Moderation' column.
            • Flash04jv
              • Aug 2015
              • 5.1.x

I'll give it a try later and update!! Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                Former vBulletin Developer
                • Mar 2011
                • 5.7.X

Originally posted by Replicant
                I've verified this happening on my forum as well using a test user. I'm going to look into why it's happening. Until I figure it out, try this CSS to hide it.
                Code:
                 #privateMessageNavContainer > div > div:nth-child(7) > div:nth-child(8){
                display: none;
                It's not recommended to rely on element position to target elements in CSS especially if "Infractions" could be there in between Flag Reports (Reported Posts) and Deleted Items. Much more when the Flag Reports and Deleted Items have their own distinct CSS classes namely 'reports' and 'deleted_items', respectively. So...

Code:
                #privateMessageNavContainer .reports, #privateMessageNavContainer .deleted_items { display: none; }

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Replicant
                  • Sep 2014

Is this supposed to just let the user know they have posts flagged, deleted posts, in moderation or infractions? If so, what are the delete / approve controls showing for a regular user for example on Moderation? I'm using my account on vb.com as reference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	mod.png
Views:	111
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	4329568
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Flash04jv
                    • Aug 2015
                    • 5.1.x

Here is what I have for a normal user, under the Registered Members User Group. Same settings for the 2015 group that is showing the extra Flagged Reports section, same settings on other groups does not show the Flagged Reports. If this is what you mean.

Comment

• Flash04jv
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara

Code:
                      #privateMessageNavContainer .reports, #privateMessageNavContainer .deleted_items { display: none; }
                      This got rid of the Flagged Reports section in the Message Center for the 2015 groups, and it kept it for admins and moderators. Which is awesome!

Except, I just flagged a post and it still shows a notification next to the Message Header for a member in the 2015 group.

Comment

• Replicant
                        • Sep 2014

Ya, you can hide the element but as far as the notification goes, there's no hiding that. You would have to do a conditional in the template and you can't access templates on cloud. The notification system is fairly new over the last couple releases, so I imagine there will be a few bugs here and there. I'm just not sure what exactly was the intended functionality. Is it just notifications or should some of it actually not be showing to regular users.

Comment

• Flash04jv
                          • Aug 2015
                          • 5.1.x

Which creates posts like this:

Comment

• Flash04jv
                            • Aug 2015
                            • 5.1.x

I guess if we can get to the notification quick enough and close it before people ask about it, it won't cause many issues. I'm happy to have that Flagged Reports section gone at least.

I know I don't want regular members seeing who flagged a post and on what thread.

Comment