X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Mark All Topics Read Issue

Sometimes the 'Marks All Topics Read' button just stops working correctly. It will then suddenly start working again after a day or two. Right now it marks about half the forums as read.

Anything we can try to fix it? Anyone else have this issue?
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Use the one in the footer of the main forum list or the per channel link on the notepad drop down in forums. The one in the navigation bar should be removed until it can be implemented properly.

Click image for larger version

Name:	channelsread.png
Views:	100
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	4329416

Click image for larger version

Name:	moderatordropdown.png
Views:	101
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	4329417
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Flash04jv
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

Neither of those work, on Chrome or Firefox, mobile either. Well, they do sort of work, but only on some forums still. Same as the button on the top main page.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

Well the button in the navigation bar works about 5% of the time. It will work if you're on the main page and you haven't edited the navigation bar. Other than that it doesn't work.

What is it that doesn't work for the others?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Flash04jv
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

Most of the time it works great. When we click 'Mark All Read' All the status icons on all forums go to our grey icon.

I tried using the options you posted above and they don't work at all, doesn't turn the channel to read either way.

But now, only half of the icons go grey. This is third time since we have been on VB Cloud this has happened, the other two times it just started working again a day or two later, nothing changed by us during that time to correct it.

The last time it happened I posted as well, and then it corrected itself the next day. Which is fine if it fixes itself, except each time it happens we get pms or posts about it. http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ning-correctly

Here is the before, the button clicked, and the results. Two with new posts go grey, but not the others.

Last edited by Flash04jv; Mon 21 Sep '15, 4:34pm.

Comment

• Flash04jv
            • Aug 2015
            • 5.1.x

The forums in the photo above are all working now, but there are 3 that are still not working right. We tried changing the Forum Marking Settings, just made things weird using the lower settings.

Comment

• Flash04jv
              • Aug 2015
              • 5.1.x

Would making a ticket for this be wise? If has never recovered from whatever happened. We are kind of getting used to it, but I would very much like it to be working again.

Comment

• Flash04jv
                • Aug 2015
                • 5.1.x

I fixed it!!! At least for now it is working. I ran the Rebuild Forum Information tool. They all went marked as read right away. I will go close my ticket.

Comment