X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcveteran8152
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Renaming and Rearranging Channels help

I want to rename and move around Channels to clean things up a bit. I believe I can rename in the channel manager and then fix in site builder to change URL but I have no idea on how to move channels and more specifically take sub channels in one channel and move to another?
  • usmcveteran8152
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Sooooo, I guess I would have to create all new channels and sub channels and move things manually then?

Comment

• Replicant
      • Sep 2014

In the Admincp > channel manager, where it says edit channel, click "go". On the next page, you can select the parent channel then save. That's pretty much all there is to it. The URL's should be updated automatically.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
        • Oct 2014
        • 5.1.x

Thanks, so they fixed that autoupdate bug? My forum has some unique issues so fingers crossed it will work ok, thanks for the help.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
          • Oct 2014
          • 5.1.x

how long is it supposed to take for URL's to change automatically?

Comment

• Replicant
            Replicant commented
            Editing a comment
            My changes are immediate. What exactly do you mean? Can you not access the forum by URL once you move it?
        • usmcveteran8152
          • Oct 2014
          • 5.1.x

When I click on newly renamed forum category the URL still shows old name and not the new name. For example I renamed this section Off topic but URL still shows old name. http://www.nyshenaniguns.com/forum/shoot-the-chit

Comment

• Replicant
            • Sep 2014

When I said the URL auto updates, I meant, the redirect is automatic. If you want to rename the URL, navigate to the page, open Site-Builder and enter the new URL you want there, then save it. This is also the method I use to shorten the URLs.

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
              • Oct 2014
              • 5.1.x

Ok thanks..... thats what I thought I had to do. I really appreciate the help and plan to move off cloud in near future and will have to take a look at your Mods.

Comment