X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Flash04jv
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Smilies on Mobile

We noticed there is not an option to add smilies to comments when we are on our phones. Is there a setting to turn them on? Or do they not work on certain browsers?

Found some tutorials that worked for others by going into Style & Language Settings, but I don't see the Mobile buttons in my AdminCP.
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

That is a known issue on vB5 for mobile browsers where CKEditor, the third-party rich text editor used in vB, is disabled. This causes formatting text, inserting embedded image attachments and smileys not to work. I have an add-on to enable CKEditor on mobile browsers but installing add-ons is not allowed on vBCloud.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Flash04jv
      Flash04jv commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok thanks. I have read that info on other threads but hoped it was corrected by now. Maybe someday.
  • dashdbn
    • Jun 2015

I can vouch for glens work. Buy the program and talk to glen after words. In a day or 2 your problems are sorted.

Comment

• Kazdog
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by dashdbn
      I can vouch for glens work. Buy the program and talk to glen after words. In a day or 2 your problems are sorted.

You mean buy the main program that allows you to use any of the past versions? Most of the problems I am having are not problems that are found on sites that I go on that use version 4.2.2

Using VB Cloud....

I can't view every post that appears in chronological order. You can do that in version 4.2.2 with a "what's new" button and shows every post in the activity stream in oder posted.

I can't change the size of avatars. In version 4.2.2 you have larger sized avatars.

I can't view smileys on a mobile. You can in version 4.2.2

I can't load various sports logos for users to use as avatars. The sites I get on have pages of sports logos on them and are all using version 4.2.2.

This cloud version has been nothing short of frustrating. Including being down a couple of times since we first went online a week ago!

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

We just transferred to VB Cloud as well, I had all the same questions as you. Read through the posts I have made in the last week and you should find some of those answers, I try to make them detailed with updates and photos.

Our forum has been down a few times recently too, I think that is because of some upgrade or maintenance stuff going on. We have lots of old content and photos albums we are waiting on to return, hope they show up with one of these updates that is happening.

Comment

• Kazdog
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

I just went to your forum.

Your avatars are the same size as mine I believe.

I'm pretty sure not every post from the day is showing in chronological order. Correct?

And do you have a page with all your logos so everyone can pick one and use it as an avatar?

And I'm fairly certain the smileys won't show on mobile as I don't believe there's a fix for that either....

Comment

• Flash04jv
            • Aug 2015
            • 5.1.x

I have made the avatars larger, if I go too big they got stretched looking and the margins made the page weird on mobile. I used the code posted in the Avatar size Question I posted, took somse tinkering with the size is all. Found a nice balance very similar to our old forum. You can see the difference in this side by side with the VB Cloud Forum here.

Posts show up according to the time they were posted in the threads, and comments are from first posted to last posted. You can reverse that order in a setting somewhere, I did it before but it didn't look right to us. If you go into a thread and look at the column Last Post it shows they are listed in Chronological order. Maybe that is not what you mean?

Our users upload their own avatars, its hunting and fishing so they usually have some outdoors photos they like as an avatar.
            Last edited by Flash04jv; Thu 3 Sep '15, 3:40am.

Comment

• dashdbn
              • Jun 2015

There are a few restrictions on the cloud. This is for a number of security concerns.

If you buy the program you will be allowed to install your own plug in and addins.

Comment

• Kazdog
                • Aug 2015
                • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Flash04jv
                I have made the avatars larger, if I go too big they got stretched looking and the margins made the page weird on mobile. I used the code posted in the Avatar size Question I posted, took somse tinkering with the size is all. Found a nice balance very similar to our old forum. You can see the difference in this side by side with the VB Cloud Forum here.

Posts show up according to the time they were posted in the threads, and comments are from first posted to last posted. You can reverse that order in a setting somewhere, I did it before but it didn't look right to us. If you go into a thread and look at the column Last Post it shows they are listed in Chronological order. Maybe that is not what you mean?

Our users upload their own avatars, its hunting and fishing so they usually have some outdoors photos they like as an avatar.

Both of those things would be great to do at mine. I guess I'm gonna have to try and figure out how you did it in that thread you posted about avatars.

But how did you get the posts to show up in chronological order? I have a button that was there on cloud when we set it up that was called "latest activity." When you click that button, you get some posts but not all of them. It's kind of random. This was really important to me as I would like to see every post from the day listed in chronological order rather than clicking on the individual forums to see what's been posted. Can you tell me how you achieved that?

Thanks for any help.

Comment