How do I change the default font size for all post?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hoan.lac
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

How do I change the default font size for all post?

I need to increase the font size for member posts from the small default size (12pt - Blue Green Theme) to something larger, like 14 or bigger.

Please post steps-by-steps from Admincp so I can find and change.

Thank you so much
  • TLCTugger
    • Sep 2006
    • 3.7.x

I too am eager to increase the text size for posts. I've studied what I thought was the complete list of customizable variables and this most basic of elements doesn't seem to be there. Must be somewhere else?

Thanks.

Comment

• IggyP
      • Mar 2012

i tried several versions ago, you should be able to enlarge the font size...perhaps something like global/ body/ fontsize something in that direction...

my issue at the time was it messed with the search module display and txt some areas that was detrimental so i ended up reverting it back...hmm

Comment

• bengie44
        • Nov 2015
        • 4.2.x

Hello, VB can we have a response to this please.
        There must be a million posts asking for help on this and all we have had is silence.
        It's no good giving an answer like 'it's in the css' or such rubbish, that help no one ???????

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Using Style Variables, or stylevars, you would change the size of the body_font stylevar.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Dale D-FL
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.0.X

If anyone gets this to work I would appreciate if you would post what code you used and where you placed it. I have tried several codes in several different places such as Styles CSS Editor, Styles Variable Manager, etc; with no success increasing the font size. I have used HTML codes on other forums such as <font size=14>body_font</font size> and was able to change the font,but it sure won't work with vbulletin.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              Former vBulletin Developer
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

Do you want to change the font size for the posts only or for the entire site?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
                • Jul 2014
                • 5.0.X

For me personally Glenn I would like to change the font size for the entire site.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Changing the font size in the body_font stylevar in the Style Variables Editor should change the font size of most of the content for the entire site. There may be some that you need to adjust the size via custom CSS.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
                    • Jul 2014
                    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                    Changing the font size in the body_font stylevar in the Style Variables Editor should change the font size of most of the content for the entire site. There may be some that you need to adjust the size via custom CSS.
                    Thanks for your response Glenn. For me a lot of the things discussed on here are difficult to find in vbcloud along with my nearing 70 years old which I am confident doesn't help..

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

The stylevars editor can be found at AdminCP > Styles > (choose target style/theme) > Style Variable Editor. If you don't find that option, you have to choose Add Child Style first to create a child style.

Comment

• Dale D-FL
                        • Jul 2014
                        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
                        The stylevars editor can be found at AdminCP > Styles > (choose target style/theme) > Style Variable Editor. If you don't find that option, you have to choose Add Child Style first to create a child style.
                        Glenn, your instructions were perfect. I tried it on a style that we don't use much in case something went wrong, but it worked perfect. You were right I had to create the child style 1st. Thank you once again my friend.

Comment

• bengie44
                          • Nov 2015
                          • 4.2.x

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
                          Using Style Variables, or stylevars, you would change the size of the body_font stylevar.
                          Thank you Wayne, that worked.

Comment