• Show
Clear All
  • Shadakk
    • Aug 2015
    • 5.1.x

Two problems, Featured Content Slider and going to page 2

Hello,

I have two problems.

First, my Featured Content Slider is showing nothing, it's completly transparent.
    The module is on my home page http://www.aidemoieninfo.com you can see that between the Questions description and the forums below, there is a space where the content slider is.
    I tried to remove it and reinstall it but same thing. I also have 3-4 featured articles.
    I'm okay with working with codes and functions so I wanted to investigate a lil bit more so I went in AdminCP in Styles, I then tried to edit the functions but it says I don't have acess, I guess this is reserved to the employees of vbulletin? I wanted to edit class b-content-slider-wrapper--hidden

My second problem is that when I am in any article section that has more than 10 articles (http://www.aidemoieninfo.com/procedures/windows), all my first 10 articles are showing well. But when I click the arrow or next to change to page 2, it change for (http://www.aidemoieninfo.com/procedures/windows/page2) and it says "There is no article in this category". However, if I refresh this "page2", all the remaining articles suddenly appear. If I go back to the page 1 with the arrow, same problem.
    I then found that this bug only occurs with Google Chrome, I tried on mobile and another computer with Chrome and same problem. But with Internet Explorer everything is working fine.
    This seems like a compatibility bug?

Thank you
  • LockedOnLaw
    • Apr 2010
    • 6.X

I viewed a few of your featured articles and none of them have an attached image for the content slider to display. The slider requires an attached image. The default slider size is 1156 X 200 pixels and I've found images of this size at 300DPI resolution display best across all platforms. I hope this helps.

Comment

• Shadakk
      • Aug 2015
      • 5.1.x

Hello,

You were right for the no attachments part, but having no attachments should but the default one which is http://www.aidemoieninfo.com/images/...background.png
      Just to be sure, I attached the same image to one of my featured article, still, nothing shows up. :/
      We can see in my homepage's sourcecode between lines 850 and 950 that there is supposed to be 3 article there.

I am pretty sure that this isn't supposed to be at hidden
      <div class="js-content-slider-wrapper b-content-slider__wrapper b-content-slider__wrapper--hidden">

Thank you
      Last edited by Shadakk; Thu 13 Aug '15, 10:20am.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
        Former vBulletin Developer
        • Mar 2011
        • 5.7.X

The slider is hidden (visibility: hidden in CSS)

Same issue as this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...46#post4325946

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Shadakk
          • Aug 2015
          • 5.1.x

Yes, I read this post and I'm pretty sure it is the same problem, I did open a ticket but they said they couldn't help me... :/

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

If you have edited any templates related to the content slider, please revert them. A change was made to the CSS class that causes the Javascript not see the slider. If you're on Cloud, a manual fix must be applied so please open a support ticket using the link below and reference this post.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Shadakk
              • Aug 2015
              • 5.1.x

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for the response, I haven't touched any templates related to the content slider as I don't have access.
              I will open a ticket referencing this post.

Concerning the problem with the changing pages that doesn't work in Google Chrome, do you have any idea?

Thank you

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                • Aug 2000

I can recreate the pagination error. I figured at first it would be a javascript error but don't see anything like that. Pointed it out to the devs but no solution yet.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Shadakk
                  • Aug 2015
                  • 5.1.x

Thank you Wayne, I really appreciate the help.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                    Former vBulletin Developer
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 5.7.X

I looked into the Article pagination issue and I found that the ajax call that fetches the articles on next page returns the correct data but the actual HTML markup for it (as specified in the 'template' property in the response) is missing (set to false). See below json response (this should help the devs to further investigate the problem)

Code:
                    {
                        "total": 4,
                        "total_with_sticky": 4,
                        "lastDate": "1438821120",
                        [COLOR=#FF0000]"template": false, // this should contain the HTML markup for all the article nodes[/COLOR]
                        "pageinfo": {
                            "pagenumber": 2,
                            "totalpages": 2,
                            "resultId": 5508
                        },
                        "css_links": ["http:\/\/www.aidemoieninfo.com\/core\/css\/0\/0\/1\/9\/3\/3\/\/style00011l\/1439507634-postbit.css", "http:\/\/www.aidemoieninfo.com\/core\/css\/0\/0\/1\/9\/3\/3\/\/style00011l\/1439507634-main.css"],
                        "nodes": {
                             //all the article nodes here (removed for brevity)
                        }
                    }
                    One possible cause of this issue is that the widget_cmschanneldisplay_list template might be missing or something.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Shadakk
                      • Aug 2015
                      • 5.1.x

Good morning,

I woke up this morning, went to my website and I realised that now all my text is messed up and also I cannot access AdminCP.
                      Is it because you are working on it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	AideMoiEnInfo - Forums.png
Views:	74
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	4327192

Thank you
                      Last edited by Shadakk; Fri 14 Aug '15, 4:46am.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                        • Aug 2000

We are still working on it. The developers believe it has to do with one of the UTF-8 sequences. We've made a couple changes to the character encoding but it shouldn't have resulted in the above problems. Please clear your browser cache and reload the page. Below is what I see right now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	60
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	4327195

Wayne Luke
                        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
                          • Aug 2000

The display issue should be resolved. Please review. Will look at the less severe issue of the content slider now.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Shadakk
                            • Aug 2015
                            • 5.1.x

Hi Wayne,

I confirm, the text issue and the change page issue is resolved.
                            You guys are doing a great job!

Thank you!

Comment