X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fccorp
    • Apr 2015
    • 5.1.x

A Simple Backup...

All I wanted was a simple backup of the cloud site so we could bring the data over to the Connect version and get back online.

Backup requested today at 12:02 PM CST.

It is now 5:49 PM CST, almost six hours later, still no backup.

Nice support vB.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

I see in your ticket that you backup issue was resolved at 3:03 pm PDT on August 4th.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• fccorp
      • Apr 2015
      • 5.1.x

Yes, 6:03 PM CST, six hours later. Thank You.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

I'm not sure if you're complaining that it took six hours to run a full backup of your site and get it over to you....that's a far superior timescale to most Cloud providers I've ever used.
        Support isn't real time and we need to not only pick up the ticket, but also actually run the script to produce the back up and wait for it to complete. It's not instant. There's a fair amount of work involved to do it properly and six hours is a fantastic resolution time.
        MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• fccorp
          • Apr 2015
          • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Mark.B
          I'm not sure if you're complaining that it took six hours to run a full backup of your site and get it over to you....that's a far superior timescale to most Cloud providers I've ever used.
          Support isn't real time and we need to not only pick up the ticket, but also actually run the script to produce the back up and wait for it to complete. It's not instant. There's a fair amount of work involved to do it properly and six hours is a fantastic resolution time.
          Is this how you treat your customers?

I own an IT firm so I am very familiar with the backup process and I assure you we're no mom and pop operation or some kid working out of his garage.

Six hours is unacceptable, especially for the small amount of data my site consisted of.

If you feel it's acceptable then you certainly wouldn't have a position in my company.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

It is a queued system so your backup isn't made when the button is pushed. It gets put into a task queue and is run when there is processor time available. As support we do not have direct access to servers or the tools to make backups. We go through a Tool Control Panel.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment