X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGLForum
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

5.1.8 Content Slider not working

Featured a couple of topics and they do not show up in the Content Slider module. Not sure if it is the search not working, or what.

Slider shows up, but only shows the topics that were featured BEFORE the upgrade was applied.

• anwar513
    • Sep 2010
    • 5.2.x

I can display opens

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	211
Size:	228.5 KB
ID:	4325709

Comment

• TheGLForum
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Yes, it displays topics that were featured BEFORE the upgrade. But, I have featured 2 new topics yesterday and they do NOT show up in the slider.

Comment

• anwar513
        • Sep 2010
        • 5.2.x

Fantastic Product! can display opens

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	201
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	4325723

Comment

• anwar513
          anwar513 commented
          Editing a comment
          I saw a topic yesterday
      • TheGLForum
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.0.X

I just went into the Admin, set a Topic to Featured, and it does NOT appear in the slider.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

​In the Content Slider Module Configuration, what are the values for the Number of Results and Search Criteria options?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• TheGLForum
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Glenn Vergara
            ​In the Content Slider Module Configuration, what are the values for the Number of Results and Search Criteria options?
            Criteria: {"featured":1,"sort":{"created":"desc"}}

No change from previous version

Number of results: 7

Comment

• glennrocksvb
              • Mar 2011
              • 5.7.X

The topics that you have featured after the upgrade, are they newer topics than the existing 7 featured topics? If not, then that might be the reason they are not showing up. The featured topics are sorted by creation date in descending order and only the first 7 are displayed in the slider.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• TheGLForum
                • Jul 2014
                • 5.0.X

The topics that you have featured after the upgrade, are they newer topics than the existing 7 featured topics? If not, then that might be the reason they are not showing up. The featured topics are sorted by creation date in descending order and only the first 7 are displayed in the slider.
                That could have been the problem. Is there a way to sort based on other data fields, or just 'created' date?

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Other possible values for sort are "user", "author", "publishdate", "started", "last_post", "lastcontent", "title", "textcount", "replies", "displayorder", "rank", "relevance", and"votes". But I don't think any one of those would make more sense (in the context of the slider) than "created". You don't want to increase the number of results to make older featured topics appear?

Comment

• gowthamvarma
                    • May 2015
                    • 5.1.x

I am facing same issue after 5.1.8 upgrade

nothing is visible in the content slide , tried old and new posts.

No. of results 10

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 5.7.X

Originally posted by gowthamvarma
                      I am facing same issue after 5.1.8 upgrade

nothing is visible in the content slide , tried old and new posts.

No. of results 10
                      It's there but hidden. I looked and it was using the old CSS class b-content-slider-wrapper--hidden which hides the content slider module. The new class should be b-content-slider__wrapper--hidden. I'm not sure how could that happen in the upgrade. If you are on vBCloud, then you have to open a ticket for them to update the widget_contentslider template.

Comment

• gowthamvarma
                        • May 2015
                        • 5.1.x

It's there but hidden. I looked and it was using the old CSS class b-content-slider-wrapper--hidden which hides the content slider module. The new class should be b-content-slider__wrapper--hidden. I'm not sure how could that happen in the upgrade. If you are on vBCloud, then you have to open a ticket for them to update the widget_contentslider template.
                        This information is helpful, at least they go through this thread.
                        yes, i am on vBCloud, raised a ticket 4 days back,still no resolution from their side.

Comment