X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Lost Latest Topics Module

Somehow while trying to increase the number of posts fro 3 to 10 in my Latest Topics Module on the right side of my homepage http://pmf.vbulletin.net/ I managed to lose it entirely. How can I get it back?
  • jkotlowski
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

Do you mean a module like I have displayed on mine?

If so, when you're adding a new module, you'll want to add a "search" module. Then you edit the module to configure the details of what it searches.
    Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

• glennrocksvb
      Former vBulletin Developer
      • Mar 2011
      • 5.7.X

I think you selected the hide on desktop option?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.0.X

Hi Glenn, if I did it worked damn good because it is sure hid from sight. LOL I can do into admin click edit page and still see the latest topic module there as it should be but, when I leave the edit page and return to the front page of the forum it has mysteriously vanished. Exactly where do I find the hide option? Is it within the module itself after clicking edit module? I looked there and did not see a hide option. Heck,maybe I hid it to. Then again I am close to 70 years old so maybe my brains have transformed to can of spinach. It's not that big a deal. We can live without it. Thank you for trying to help Glenn.

Comment

• glennrocksvb
          Former vBulletin Developer
          • Mar 2011
          • 5.7.X

In 5.1.7, you can hide modules by unchecking the Desktop, Small, Extra Small options in the Edit Module dialog. You might have accidentally unchecked Desktop size.

See screenshot below:
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	104
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	4322964

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.0.X

Glenn, thanks to a picture being worth a thousand words I saw where I didn't have a check mark in all 3 screen sizes. After placing the check mark in all 3 boxes and saving the page the latest topics box magically re-appeared. Problem solved thanks to your patience an excellent help. Thanks again Glenn.

Comment

• keiahnig
              • Feb 2015
              • 5.1.x

Hi Dale and Glenn. I had the same problem when I edited this module (increasing how many topics to display). I only found the solution through your post so thanks very much for this. I would say this is a bug though as for us to both have the same problem after changing the module would mean to me that it is automatically being deselected when edited... Your thoughts?
              Thanks again for the helpful post to both of you! Helped me out directly..

Comment