X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dale D-FL
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Archiving a Forum Question

At my request my forum will be shutting down on or about June 7, 2015 and according to vbulletin will be archived at that time. In the event hypothetically a year from now I would decide to reactivate my license and start my forum back up would the members usernames and passwords at the time of shutdown still work for them?
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

As long as the database is intact.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Dale D-FL
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

Thank you Glenn.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

As far as I am aware, Cloud sites are archived for 30 days before the database is deleted. It may be longer but I recall 30 days.

What you'll need to do is is send in a support ticket asking for a database copy. We'll create one and send you FTP information to retrieve it. That will be available for 48 hours from the time we create it. You can then keep this database. If you decide to use either Cloud or the Standard version in the future, then that database can be restored to pick up where you left off.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...