X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lisa0413
    • Mar 2015
    • 5.1.x

v.5.1.7 change to sidebar module responsive viewing

Hey, guys. Since the update, we've noted that any modules we've placed in our right-hand sidebar - anything from important forum messages to ads - that used to appear on mobile devices first (i.e., members would have to view before scrolling down to view forum topics, etc.) now appear after and so, are easily overlooked by members, many of whom only view the forums on their mobile devices. Is there a new setting that I can change to fix this? Cheers! L
  • Lisa0413
    • Mar 2015
    • 5.1.x

Wayne Luke? Anyone? Hello? *taps mic* Is this mic on?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

There is no setting. Primary content (that in the wider column) is designed to be shown first.

You can duplicate modules in the wider column and use new display options within the modules to only show them on small devices. Then use the same options to display the narrow column items on larger displays only.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Lisa0413
        • Mar 2015
        • 5.1.x

Wayne Luke, thanks for the reply. Damn. It's a shame that changed in the update This is unfortunate, as the way it was previously was definitely preferable as it required no duplication and allowed members browsing from their PCs to easily see ads in the right-hand column and members browsing from mobile devices to see ads first before viewing the forums. Will have to think about what you suggest, but the idea of duplicating content and then having to do that with every update is definitely something that is not preferred. Are we the only forum running ads who finds this problematic, I wonder.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Maybe. I would assume though that many people don't even look at their site on smaller devices. It is an imperfect system and could use some refinement though. Duplicates is a workaround to get you want you want today. It isn't a great solution but it is a solution.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• glennrocksvb
            Former vBulletin Developer
            • Mar 2011
            • 5.7.X

Try adding this additional css via Sitebuilder > Style > CSS Editor.

Code:
            @media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
                .canvas-layout-container .canvas-layout .canvas-layout-row.has-columns {
                    display: flex;
                    flex-flow: column;
                    height: auto;
                }
                .canvas-layout-container .canvas-layout .canvas-layout-row.has-columns .canvas-widget-list.section-0 {
                    order: 2;
                    flex: 0 1 auto;
                }
                .canvas-layout-container .canvas-layout .canvas-layout-row.has-columns .canvas-widget-list.section-1 {
                    order: 1;
                    flex: 0 1 auto;
                }
            }
            That was the same solution I suggested on how to re-order the modules without code changes. I just had to flip the CSS order property now since they had reversed the order after the update.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...40#post4315240

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Replicant
              • Sep 2014

Thanks Glenn. Once again, you're the man! This was keeping me from upgrading to 5.1.7. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to reorder. I didn't think it would be that simple though.

Comment

• Lisa0413
                • Mar 2015
                • 5.1.x

Thanks Glenn Vergara, I'll give that a try when I have a minute and circle back. Cheers! Lisa

Comment