• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nmg
    • May 2015
    • 5.1.x

Problem with new posts (cache)

Hey everyone,

I wanted to ask for help because I´ve got some problems with our forum. Maybe you´re able to help me. We´ve got the vBulletin 5 Cloud Solution but there is an issue with the cache. When someone creates a topic or replies to an existing topic, the number of total posts doesn’t change in the general forum view. You have to wait about 15-20 minutes until it changes there. But if I´m clearing the cache in the control panel, it changes immediately. So I wanted to know how to disable caching because I couldn’t find the option in the control panel. Maybe there´s another way to fix it?

Thanks & Greetings
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

You cannot disable caching on cloud.

The last post column should update relatively quickly but the total post count isn't as important so it will take time to update. There is currently no way around this on Cloud. If you had the download version, you could turn off caching. However the system relies on it so heavily that you would experience degraded performance.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• nmg
      • May 2015
      • 5.1.x

Thanks for your reply Wayne

do you intend to "fix" this issue in the forseeable future?
      Since the problem doesn't exist with the download version, I`ve got another question. How complex is the migration of forum structure, posts, users, etc. from cloud to the download version?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

We would have to be able to recreate the issue first. I haven't been able to recreate it on my cloud site. Though it doesn't get a lot of traffic so the cache is probably always expired. It only occurs on a few sites and since all sites use the exact same code base, we're unsure why. We're constantly looking at the performance and enhancement of cloud though and if an issue occurs there that is due to infrastructure, we fix it as quickly as possible. If it requires changes to the vBulletin Core product, it will take longer.

To switch, you would request a backup of your database via ticket. Once you have that, you can restore it to use with the Standard version.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment