X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Solange
    • Dec 2014
    • 5.1.x

Sub navigation bar

My sub navigation bar is not showing up. Does anyone have any idea why this may be happening. TIA
  • glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Can you post a link to your forum?

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Lynne
      Former vBulletin Support
      • Oct 2004

Is the whole bar missing or just the links that you think should be there? Have you checked in Site Builder > Navigation Bar to verify there should be a sub-menu for that particular navbar link?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

It shows up properly when you click on the Blog tab. None of the other tabs seem to have sub-navigation items assigned to them. Each tab has to have its own sub-navigation built.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Solange
          • Dec 2014
          • 5.1.x

I have new topics, today's post, who's online, mark channels read and members list sub navigation items assigned to the forum tag but none of them are showing up. I have forum as my home page also. They show up when I go onto the forum tag and hit navigation bar but not when I am just looking at the forum.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
            vBulletin Technical Support Lead
            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Solange
            I have new topics, today's post, who's online, mark channels read and members list sub navigation items assigned to the forum tag but none of them are showing up. I have forum as my home page also. They show up when I go onto the forum tag and hit navigation bar but not when I am just looking at the forum.

The Forum Tab is hidden to guest users and you didn't provide a login that could be used to test your site. They should only show up when your looking at the Forum Tab and its children. No were else. Not on custom pages or any other location.

Unfortunately, that is how the system is designed. I have submitted numerous JIRAs to improve on the design but they don't get votes and therefore are not deemed important by the people who decide what is developed and what isn''t.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment