Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcveteran8152
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

I have noticed that some of the avatars on my forum do not fill the avatar box. In order for it too fit it seems you have to use a square image. I currently have max width and height set to 800 pixels each.

Is there something I can edit in adminCP to correct this?

Thanks
  • usmcveteran8152
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

So is there no way to make avatars automatically fill avatar box?

Comment

• usmcveteran8152
      • Oct 2014
      • 5.1.x

So is this something I can fix or something the software can't do?

Comment

• God Of Radio
        • Jun 2008

So are we ever going to be able to change the size of these tiny avatars?

Comment

• Lynne
          Former vBulletin Support
          • Oct 2004

Your site avatars in the topics is 800x800px?!? Can we get a link to see what you are talking about regarding these avatars that don't 'fit'?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• God Of Radio
            • Jun 2008

So it's a NO on us having larger avatars?

Comment

• jkotlowski
              • May 2015
              • 5.1.x

Hi, I was wondering if there was a fix for this issue yet? Right now I'm using this in the CSS editor as a workaround for it showing such small avatars.

Code:
              .thread-view .b-avatar--m {
                  height: 130px;
                  width: 130px;
              }
              .thread-view .b-avatar--m > img {
                  max-height: 130px;
                  max-width: 130px !important;
              }
              But I can't make them any larger than this because I can't find a way to expand the size of the postbit, so anything wider than 130 pixels ends up being cut off and looking bad. My users want avatars up to 200 pixels wide and between 250 and 300 pixels tall. Is there any way this can be done?
              Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

• megabink
                • Jan 2012
                • 4.1.x

jkotlowski

Did you tried to follow this workaround: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...78#post4095078

Comment

• jkotlowski
                  • May 2015
                  • 5.1.x

Originally posted by megabink
                  jkotlowski

Did you tried to follow this workaround: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...78#post4095078

Yes, I did. I got the code above from Glenn's post there. But none of the codes expand the grey area (postbit) around the avatar.
                  Want bigger avatars for your forum? There's a mod here. But be sure to vote for the JIRA requesting the fix here!

Comment

• megabink
                    • Jan 2012
                    • 4.1.x

Originally posted by jkotlowski

Yes, I did. I got the code above from Glenn's post there. But none of the codes expand the grey area (postbit) around the avatar.
                    So you did applied the mentioned code in the /core/includes/class_core.php file and did the run both these:
                    AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild Avatar Thumbnails
                    AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild Customer Avatar Thumbnails?

Just remember you can't expand more than 130x130 and there is no workaround atm

Comment

• jkotlowski
                      • May 2015
                      • 5.1.x

Originally posted by megabink

So you did applied the mentioned code in the /core/includes/class_core.php file and did the run both these:
                      AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild Avatar Thumbnails
                      AdminCP > Maintenance > General Update Tools > Rebuild Customer Avatar Thumbnails?

Just remember you can't expand more than 130x130 and there is no workaround atm

Ah, no I didn't. But I run on vBulletin Cloud. So I don't have access to those codes. I put it in the CSS Editor, which I believe puts code into the "CSS_Additional.CSS" area of the site. I did rebuild the avatars, though. And I have them at 130 pixels. I was just hoping to make them larger, as my members all want 200x250.

Comment

• megabink
                        • Jan 2012
                        • 4.1.x

Originally posted by jkotlowski

Ah, no I didn't. But I run on vBulletin Cloud. So I don't have access to those codes. I put it in the CSS Editor, which I believe puts code into the "CSS_Additional.CSS" area of the site. I did rebuild the avatars, though. And I have them at 130 pixels. I was just hoping to make them larger, as my members all want 200x250.
                        If your on vB Cloud then you don't have access to the class_core.php so i guess you have to settle with the 130x130 size for now.

Comment

• Lynne
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by God Of Radio
                          So it's a NO on us having larger avatars?
                          I don't know. I asked for a link to view the problem so I can look at it in firefox and perhaps come up with some CSS you could use, but you haven't posted a link to a thread with some 'problem' avatars that have this gray space.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

• God Of Radio
                            • Jun 2008

HEY we shouldn't have to look for fixes that vbulletin should be doing. It's ridiculous that we can't control the size of the avatars. WHY EVEN HAVE THAT SECTION for user groups if we can't control it.

So I'll ask again, are we ever going to be able to change the size of these tiny, useless avatars??

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...