X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcveteran8152
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Smilies not working

I have noticed that some of the smilies are not displaying properly since update. I have logged in on different computers and devices using same browser and depending on computer or device different ones will not be displaying anymore. Also others on the forum are having same issues with different ones not working for them. I also used a test account and verified that it is not user specific rather device specific related. Tried clearing forum cache and tried clearing browser histories and caches with no change.
  • usmcveteran8152
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

This shows what I mean, I used 2 different computers and took screen shots and cropped to show side by side. If I did this with more computers and devices you would see different variations as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smiley.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	4222187

Comment

• Percs
      • Sep 2016

I dont know if i got the same problem. But i try to add a smilie today and it looked like the "not working" smilies above.
      Does anyone know where the problem can be?

Now i tried it with 3 smilies and no one is working.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Percs; Wed 21 Sep '16, 7:34am.

Comment

• Flash04jv
        • Aug 2015
        • 5.1.x

I created a ticket for this the other day, as ours went down too. They told me it probably happened when we migrated to Cloud, which we did last summer... Good luck.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Flash04jv
          I created a ticket for this the other day, as ours went down too. They told me it probably happened when we migrated to Cloud, which we did last summer... Good luck.
          That is the most common time it happens. However it seems apparent some sites were affected by a more recent change, cause is yet unknown. I have alerted the developers and hope they can resolve the issue or for sites that have already deleted and re-uploaded their smilies, prevent this from happening again.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
          Last edited by Mark.B; Sat 24 Sep '16, 2:17am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...