Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • McWebmaster
    • Aug 2005

Suppressing Gap Between Forums on Homepage

This will hopefully be a simple question... There is a grey line between the different forums on my homepage by default, and this causes the need to scroll even though I don't really have that many forums.

It appears to be allowing room for a category to be displayed between forums. In fact, here is the HTML:
    <tr class="category-header"> <td colspan="4"><span class="category"></span></td> </tr> Of course the Channel Manager shows that the forums all have the same parent channel (--Forum), so if this is the same thing I don't know why this line should appear.

I know there is some way to suppress this gap, as I have seen it done in another VB Cloud forum. Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks.
  • Mark.B
    vBulletin Support
    • Feb 2004
    • 6.0.X

They are actually category bars, but by default vB5 doesn't set any categories so they appear blank.

You can't remove them but you can set category titles so they aren't pointless. You can set just one category, and group all your forums under it, then you only get one category bar at the top, instead of between each forum.

To do this, create a new forum in the admincp Channel Manager and set this:
    Act as Channel (Will act as category if no)
    To "No".

Then, edit your forums and set this new category as their parent.
    MARK.B
    vBulletin Support
    ------------
    My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
    My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• McWebmaster
      • Aug 2005

Got it, thanks. This wasn't the way I was planning to lay it out, but I took advantage of the categories to group the different forums thematically. Might be an improvement.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...