Help setting up welcome message on main page.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Little Devil
    • Oct 2014
    • 5.1.x

Help setting up welcome message on main page.

I am trying to set up a welcome message on the main page of my forum but am having a hard time figuring out how to do that. Can someone please give me directions on how to set up a welcome on main page similar to how this forum has it?

Thank you.
  • BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Go to the Admin CP, and choose Notices on the side menu. Either edit an existing or add a new notice, You can use HTML in the notice to format it and choose when it should appear (and/or to whom) in the options below the edit box.

Comment

• Little Devil
      • Oct 2014
      • 5.1.x

Oh no, I didn't mean a notice. I meant I am trying to set up the right side bar on the main forum where the welcome message would go and the latest topics but I can't figure out how to add those things to my forum.

Comment

• TheGLForum
        • Jul 2014
        • 5.0.X

You should be able to EDIT PAGE then drop a Static HTML module at the top of the right hand column, then enter your text message in the Static HTML module.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
          • Jul 2008

Sorry, misunderstood. TheGLForum is correct, as usual. Use Site Builder, Static HTML Module.

Comment

• Little Devil
            • Oct 2014
            • 5.1.x

Originally posted by TheGLForum
            You should be able to EDIT PAGE then drop a Static HTML module at the top of the right hand column, then enter your text message in the Static HTML module.
            Thank you very much! That worked perfectly. I spent hours fooling around with those modules and couldn't figure it so thank you again for helping me fix that.

Comment

• TheGLForum
              • Jul 2014
              • 5.0.X

Glad to help!

Comment