X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheGLForum
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Performance concerns/issues

I have been getting a lot reports of very slow performance, especially in the evenings. We currently have about 700 members, and that number could grow dramatically in the future. Is vbCloud capable of handling our traffic needs? I don't think we have had more than 100 people online at a time, so I am surprised by the complaints.

Here is a thread on my forum concerning this:

• glennrocksvb
    Former vBulletin Developer
    • Mar 2011
    • 5.7.X

Getting an error in the thread preview doesn't seem like related to performance. The ajax call to fetch the preview is failing for some reason. You have to enable debug mode to determine the actual error. I don't know if you're allowed to do that in vBCloud though.

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• Zachery
      Zachery commented
      Editing a comment
      Support staff can enable it so we can debug it, but Cloud Admins cannot.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

If you're hovering over a title and click before the abstract loads, you'll see an error like that. It simply means the transfer was aborted as each abstract is loaded on demand. It can also be caused by a timeout in the browser.

If the issues with speed are at consistent times, we can have the developers run logging on the site in order to determine the issue. Browsing your site right now, it is currently comparable to other cloud sites. We've made some performance improvements with 5.1.3 in regards to page load so that may help in the long run as well.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...