X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • falconier
    • Aug 2014
    • 5.0.X

VB 5 stuff

I remember the day when I could look for and find anything related to VBulletin, now I cant find hardly anything related to vb 5 . Im looking for gaming styles, gfx, smiley packs , ranks everything possible for vb 5 cloud . I dont know if it matters if its vb5 or vb 5 cloud. i remember going into into admin cp and changing the color of the groups like the administrators to the color red and stuff...is any of this possible nowa days?
    any help on this would be greatly appreciated
  • captainslater
    • Jun 2006

You can't upload styles or smiley packs to vBulletin Cloud as you don't have access to the server.

To change the color of the usergroups go to your Admin-CP -> Usergroups -> choose the desired usergroup and enter the values in the field HTML markup.
    To infinity and beyond!
    Deutschsprachige vBulletin News & Tipps
    captainslater
    - Eine vBulletin Cloud-Site

Comment

• Wayne Luke
      vBulletin Technical Support Lead
      • Aug 2000

Actually, you should be able to upload images to use a smilies if you wish. There should be an entry in the left menu called "vBCloud Upload CSS". On this option you can access a plugin that will allow you to upload images to your cloud account. You can then use the provided image paths as the basis for adding the images as smilies or emoticons.

We're not allowing style uploads yet but with the theme technology, we may allow it in the future.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• jdj
        • Jan 2009
        • 5.1.x

Originally posted by Dominic
        You can't upload styles or smiley packs to vBulletin Cloud as you don't have access to the server.

To change the color of the usergroups go to your Admin-CP -> Usergroups -> choose the desired usergroup and enter the values in the field HTML markup.
        Do you have examples of html code that will work in this field in vB5?

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Technical Support Lead
          • Aug 2000

Any HTML will work within it but you're limited to 100 characters in each tab. 33 to 50 characters if you're using UTF8.

Will bold the username:
          Start: <b>
          End: </b>

Will turn the username green:
          Start: <span style="color:green">
          End: </span>

You can get fancier with CSS. If you need to learn HTML and CSS, please visit www.w3schools.com.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment