X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marrick
    • Jul 2014
    • 5.0.X

Mobile users

My mobile users are not very impressed with the mobile skin for vB Cloud. Obviously, there is no option to install Tapatalk or Forum Runner (although I think this is a foolish decision) and vBulletin Connect is not available. On my old forum, I had 197 Tapatalk users and they are up in arms about my move to vBulletin Cloud, so I was wondering if anyone had any success with any other mobile apps? Thanks in advance for any help of advice.
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

What are you referring to as "vBulletin Connect". The software that powers vBulletin Cloud is called vBulletin Connect 5.X. It isn't something separate.

We don't support third-party addons with Cloud. There is a chance that Forum Runner will be activated in the future. That isn't a decision that support can make though.

Best thing is to tell us what the problems are so we can get the developers to fix them.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• TheGLForum
      • Jul 2014
      • 5.0.X

I too have had many users who use Tapatalk ask about support for that on our forum.

Comment

• Mark.B
        vBulletin Support
        • Feb 2004
        • 6.0.X

The mobile view in vB5 works fine for me. It's not a separate skin/style, it's the same one you see on a computer or laptop, just that it's "responsive".

As Wayne has said, please let us know what issues you are having. The only difficulties I am aware of for mobile users, is that line breaks don't work when typing a post, and posts cannot be edited. Both these are fixed in the next version (5.1.3) which is not far off now.

MARK.B
        vBulletin Support
        ------------
        My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
        My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Marrick
          • Jul 2014
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          What are you referring to as "vBulletin Connect". The software that powers vBulletin Cloud is called vBulletin Connect 5.X. It isn't something separate.

We don't support third-party addons with Cloud. There is a chance that Forum Runner will be activated in the future. That isn't a decision that support can make though.

Best thing is to tell us what the problems are so we can get the developers to fix them.
          Apologies, that was just a misunderstanding on my part. However, that doesn't get away from the simple fact that every one of my mobiles users has complained about the usability of the mobile view. It isn't "just fine", it's very poor. I have attempted to use it, but the jumping around, tiny links and poor formatting make it tiresome. This is meant to be a pleasurable experience not a trial. If Forum Runner is activated, then all well and good, if not then I'll have console myself with losing two hundred or so regular users.

Comment

• Marrick
            • Jul 2014
            • 5.0.X

Interestingly, I notice the ForumRunner control panel is available in the AdminCP, but whatever needs to be enabled hasn't been. When is it going to be enabled, if at all?

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

ForumRunner isn't currently enabled on the Cloud platform, I'm not sure it ever will be.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• Marrick
                • Jul 2014
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                ForumRunner isn't currently enabled on the Cloud platform, I'm not sure it ever will be.

That's a shame, it makes the whole offering somewhat less.

Comment

• TheGLForum
                  • Jul 2014
                  • 5.0.X

I have had at least 30 members ask me about Tapatalk availability. In this day and age, I think this is essential.

Comment

• helmuc
                    • Apr 2014
                    • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Marrick
                    My mobile users are not very impressed with the mobile skin for vB Cloud. Obviously, there is no option to install Tapatalk or Forum Runner (although I think this is a foolish decision) and vBulletin Connect is not available. On my old forum, I had 197 Tapatalk users and they are up in arms about my move to vBulletin Cloud, so I was wondering if anyone had any success with any other mobile apps? Thanks in advance for any help of advice.
                    I don't think vbulletin team realises the importance of this essential feature for us and that this IS our biggest pain .. in their case most traffic comes from desktops (of course - they are forum admins/developers) not from mobile and they can't be bothered...

.. and another thing is - the tiny size and the lack of features of the lightbox of uploaded photos ;( ... can't really share anything good in details as it is impossible to see anything in a small pic - .. just hate my Maidstone photography category: http://www.e-maidstone.co.uk/forum/m...ne-photography for this 1 reason only :/

shame on you for not listening what your paying customers say

.. to be honest I would be happy to move over to IPBoard and the only thing that holds me is some stupid hope that everything will be sorted soon :/

.. feeling dumb,
                    Helmuts

Comment

• Zachery
                      Former vBulletin Support
                      • Jul 2002

We understand your plight, now, so we can convince others that's important, please log bug reports of issues with the mobile view.

Comment