Features NOT available at this time using vCloud.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KINGdotNET
    • Apr 2014
    • 5.0.X

Features NOT available at this time using vCloud.

I started using vCloud for our community (OnlineBuzz.com) and found some features (or plugins) not available compare to a manage your own vBulletin installation. To save you some time, here's my collections of features NOT available as of this time. And I hope vBulletin will make it available in future updates.

NOT Available at this time.
    • Points for members activity.
    • Statistics.
    • Facebook publishing. I've got Twitter publishing working.
    • Mobile Apps
    • I will continue to update as I learn other cool stuff using this software.
    Please feel free to post what you find out with your own community.
    http://www.onlinebuzz.com/forum/help...e-at-this-time

Cloud service is excellent. I have one minor hiccup of downtime, everything else work great.

Thank you.

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support
    • Jul 2002

There is no point system native to vBulletin Cloud.
    Stats are not being built correctly in either download or cloud version of vBulletin, GA would capture the majority fo what you care about though.
    Facebook connect and its features should be working, not sure what you mean by publishing?
    In theory, if you had a mobile suite application, you could get it working. But right now we're not selling mobile to cloud customers.

Comment

• KINGdotNET
      • Apr 2014
      • 5.0.X

Point system is available using plug-in. So I guess, it will not be in the road map anytime soon.
      What is GA?
      The Facebook connect is for authentication users. Yes, I have it implemented. The publishing part is when I have new post, it will automatically post/publish it to my Facebook page.
      I'm happy with html5 mobile version, but visitors/members wants a simple app using iOS/Android. Better to provide more mobile options.

Right now, it's ok but would be nice to see other features in future release.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

Last time I checked "Publish to Facebook" was working on supported browsers- you need to have a Facebook App setup and the Facebook Features enabled in settings.

Comment

• Mark.B
          vBulletin Support
          • Feb 2004
          • 6.0.X

One of the (many) issues with enabling plugins on the Cloud platform is this - in another thread you mentioned how important it was to have upgrades done for you promptly (and rightly so). The trouble is, if you had third party plugins running, an automatic update could break the functionality of the plugin, or even the board itself, and we would not be able to assist in fixing it, other than advising you to disable it. This is how it works for the downloaded, self-hosted product but those users control and perform their own upgrades.

There's obviously more reasons than just this, but it's something to consider. Plugins very often break partially or completely in upgrades, and the idea behind cloud is that it's simple and doesn't break and upgrades are not a worry.
          MARK.B
          vBulletin Support
          ------------
          My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
          My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• KINGdotNET
            • Apr 2014
            • 5.0.X

I agree with you, like I said I hope to see this features in future release of software. I want it simple and part of the cloud services, and not as a plugins.

I will check the "Publish to Facebook" settings. I will post here if I'm successful or not.

Thank you,
            OnlineBuzz.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...