• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • helmuc
    • Apr 2014
    • 5.0.X

Is it possible to integrate tapatalk?

Hello,

Have to admit that my biggest problem with using my vbcloud forum e-maidstone.co.uk is using it on my iphone..

Today, when 1/2 of the traffic is mobile - it is crucial to provide the user experience as neat as possible.

A question: is it possible to integrate a tapatalk plugin into the system?

.. if not - please consider implementing it in the core setup.

What is your experience using your forum on your smartphone? ... I was horrified when I realised that I can't take a photo while writing a post on my iphone.. and the option to start my photo camera, save photo and attach it to the post is way too complicated by today's demands.

As well - tapatalk will organise the forum without any unneeded widgets/addons for more pleasant user experience.

What is your stand on it?

plus.. almost forgot - tapatalk can be a source of free, highly targeted traffic of forum lovers (people who use their inner search function to find other interesting new forums).

Kind regards,
    Helmuts

p.s. link to tapatalk integration with vbulletin: http://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatal...ugin=vbulletin
  • KINGdotNET
    • Apr 2014
    • 5.0.X

I have the same experience when I used my iPhone to post in to my community/forum. It's hard to do.
    We need a better mobile experience to become useful and fun to use community.

Comment

• Mark.B
      vBulletin Support
      • Feb 2004
      • 6.0.X

vBulletin's download package comes with Forum Runner, however neither can currently be used on Cloud installations. We're looking into whether it's feasible to enable Forum Runner for Cloud installations.
      MARK.B
      vBulletin Support
      ------------
      My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
      My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• KINGdotNET
        • Apr 2014
        • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
        vBulletin's download package comes with Forum Runner, however neither can currently be used on Cloud installations. We're looking into whether it's feasible to enable Forum Runner for Cloud installations.
        Looking forward to see this feature altogether.

Comment

• helmuc
          • Apr 2014
          • 5.0.X

Please correct me if I'm wrong - but, Forum Runner doesn't work for Windows Phones while tapatalk does. .. Don't know how about other places, but 2 of my friends use Nokia luminas (both running on win).

to be honest - my personal bad experience with using my forum on iphone is the only reason why I can't recommend vbcloud to any of my friends...

... btw - header isn't responsive - the logo should appear in full width on mobile. ... or is it just a problem of logo itself?

Comment

• KINGdotNET
            • Apr 2014
            • 5.0.X

I think it's a bug. I have the same small logo while surfing using a smartphone (iPhone)

Comment

• Mark.B
              vBulletin Support
              • Feb 2004
              • 6.0.X

The logo will shrink down when on a smaller screen. It's not possible to make it fill the screen because the logo height and width is variable, the screen width is variable, and you'd end up with horribly skewed and stretched logos which may also pixellate badly depending on the quality of the image used.
              MARK.B
              vBulletin Support
              ------------
              My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
              My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• helmuc
                • Apr 2014
                • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Mark.B
                The logo will shrink down when on a smaller screen. It's not possible to make it fill the screen because the logo height and width is variable, the screen width is variable, and you'd end up with horribly skewed and stretched logos which may also pixellate badly depending on the quality of the image used.

humm.. maybe the logos should have fixed size then? .. just thinking loud

Comment

• glennrocksvb
                  Former vBulletin Developer
                  • Mar 2011
                  • 5.7.X

Take a look at this: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...o-not-resizing

Flag Icon Postbit Insert GIPHY Impersonate User BETTER INITIALS AVATAR Better Name Card Quote Selected Text Bookmark Posts Post Footer Translate Stop Links in Posts +MORE!

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
                    • Jul 2008

You can force the header to remain full size on small screens with CSS. See the tips & tricks thread for how to use custom CSS on vBCloud sites. Currently it is a work-around. For VB 5.1.2 it is planned to be a built in easy to use feature, For now you either need to add CSS to an ad location, a notice, or an external site if you have a place to upload a .css file to.

This is the CSS- you should change the values to the actual height/width of the title/logo image,

Code:
                    #header .site-logo img {
                     min-width: 320px;  
                     min-height: 120px;
                    }

Comment

• TheGLForum
                      • Jul 2014
                      • 5.0.X

Even though I do not access forums using my phone, apparently a lot of my members do. They are screaming for tapatalk. Is it technologically feasible to offer tapatalk on Cloud?

Comment

• Zachery
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • Jul 2002

No, not at this time.

Comment

• TheGLForum
                          • Jul 2014
                          • 5.0.X

My users are probably the most backward, unsophisticated on the Internet (most of them in their 50s and 60s), so if THEY are complaining about not having tapatalk support, I would imagine that this is a huge oversight.

Comment

• Zachery
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • Jul 2002

Its not. We don't support third party addons AT ALL in cloud right now, and tapatalk would be one of them. They've also had a major security issue recently.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...