X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DonDawn
    • Mar 2014
    • 5.0.X

Welcome Box in my Main Forum Missing

Could someone help me to put this box in my main forum again ?

• BirdOPrey5
    • Jul 2008

Hello,

The welcome module is just a Static HTML module. Enable site builder, make sure you are on the main page, and click Edit Page at the very top of the screen.

Simply drag a new Static HTML module to the top position of the sidebar. Click the pencil icon to edit the module, give it a title and supply HTML code which can just be basic text or whatever you want.

Remember a line break in html is <br> it is not just hitting enter for a new line.

Comment

• DonDawn
      • Mar 2014
      • 5.0.X

Thanks for your reply Joe D. I must be doing something wrong then, because even when i put text in the HTML box, it appears empty in the main forum.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
        • Jul 2008

I see you have created multiple copies of the Static HTML module, make sure you are using the original only. Also you won't see the actual content until you exit Site Builder.

Comment

• DonDawn
          • Mar 2014
          • 5.0.X

Originally posted by Joe D.
          I see you have created multiple copies of the Static HTML module, make sure you are using the original only. Also you won't see the actual content until you exit Site Builder.
          Thanks for your reply. Its an odd thing, because I only use the original Static HTML and even with the Site Builder turning off, nothing appear on the box....

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
            • Jul 2008

If you are still having trouble please open a support ticket in the Member's Area. Include a link to this thread and please include your Administrator username and password in the sensitive data box. Include in the subject Attn: Joe D.

I'll take a look what is going on.

Comment

• BirdOPrey5
              • Jul 2008

For anyone else- the problem was in Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> General Settings.

Disable PHP and Static HTML rendering was set to "Yes" which turns off the Static HTML module. Once I changed this back to "No" the module is working like expected.

Comment