X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kirk93
    • Apr 2013

Confab-It ~ General Discussion Forum!

Hello all!

I just wanted to show off my new forum, www.confab-it.com!

Back-story:
    I started Confab-It based on my experiences using different forums in the past, one in particular which I always kept going back to. Unfortunately, a change in management proved detrimental to this particular forum, resulting in a steady decline in users until the point where it was near enough dead. I left along with many friends feeling very bitter and disappointed about what had happened to such a large and great community.

Purpose:

Confab-It is a general discussion and advice forum for users aged 13 and over. We want to develop a very large, community-driven forum that is focused on providing people with a way to discover, share and connect in a mature, friendly environment. Unlike a lot of forums which focus on a particular niche, we've taken the difficult road of trying to cater to everyone, and by doing so we hope to be at the forefront of forums that give people the opportunity to expand their interests and knowledge. We feature forums for gaming, news, technology, music, sport, creativity and support, and even allow people to advertise their own websites.

Goals:

At the time of writing our goals are fairly simple for any new forum; we're currently developing a custom theme and logo, advertising through word-of-mouth and through social media, and we're focused on providing decent content for our members to engage in. Afterwards, it's a case of exploring new ways of getting our name out there and being a community that people want to become part of. As someone who is completely new to using vBulletin, SEO and such like, my own personal goal is to learn all that I need to know about how to make Confab-It the best forum it can possible be.

Trials:

As I briefly just touched upon, I'm fairly inexperienced with the software, as well as with HTML, SEO etc, so my endeavor is mostly new to me. With the support of my friends, vBulletin support and people around the internet however I have managed thus far to be successful in getting my site up-and-running. I think my main concerns are with large-scale advertising, becoming a top result on Google, and earning enough for advertising/subscriptions to cover the costs of the server. Based on previous experiences hosting phpBB forums, I'm pretty confident in my ability to build up my ideal community.

Add-ons Used:

Thus far I've used a fair few modifications by the community to enhance certain features, mostly designed around community interaction (Likes, Moods etc).

• fords8
    • Feb 2005
    • 4.0.x

Not sure if this is OK or not, but Kirk93 doesn't own ConFab-It anymore. It has been sold to me and my partner.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...