X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael
    • Apr 2000

Hosting Solution.

Hi,

I want to setup a system for vBulletin hosting. I can provide both Virtual and Dedicated servers to handle the load. Just wanted to know what you guys would think about something like this.

Of course you get PHP/MySQL and Perl so you can host the vBulletin - what else do you want on a server though?

Thanks!
    Michael Bray
  • werehere
    • Apr 2000

The DBI module so perl can access the MySQL
    We're Here Forums!
    [email protected]

Comment

• JimF
      • May 2000

I have found that it is not necessarily what you put in the server, but the support staff that you put behind it. I don't care if you had every single Apache Mod out there, if there is no tech support I'm not interested.

My current host is incredible with support, and I have heard horror stories about problem tickets, etc. Right now I can receive an email in hours after submitting a problem that usually resolves any problems I have. If there is routine maintenance or any downtime, they tell everyone so that they can expect it.

You can keep your bells and whistles as long as you give me support and stability.

I think those are the only two things that I would ask for right off the bat. As long as you had that, I would get into requesting the fun stuff .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...