X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Martin
    • Apr 2000
    • 3.5.x

a free plug for my hosting company

I don't make any reseller fees on this, but I wanted to thank them for the great job they did in setting up my server and getting me going on very short notice.

My server contract with Interhell ran out on Feb 10 and I was scrambling to find a new hosting company that would give me the service and the server I needed without trying to break my back over it.

These guys got me up and running on a brand new dual 800 PIII with 512 mb and 150 Gb of transfer for $1450 down, $550/month.

I had asked for a dual 700, but they couldn't get the chips in time to have me running when I needed to be so they upgraded me free in order to get me off Interland, who wanted $22k for another year on their server farm.

Anyway, their prices are very competitive, and they are definitely familiar with what it takes to run vBulletin.

for virtual hosting, go here:

for dedicated, go here:

I'm extremely happy with them thus far.

PS: This is not an endorsement by Jelsoft, just my personal experience.
    Webmaster:
    @forumz
  • Mafukie
    • Apr 2000

How can you afford that? Does the site pay for itself or what?

Comment

• Martin
      • Apr 2000
      • 3.5.x

I go about $200/month in the whole right now, but it will straighten itself out eventually. I plan on adding another site to the server that should easily pay for the difference in a coupla months

And $550/month for the server I have is a damned fine price. It never goes much over 0.50 load with 150+ simultaneous users on my board and a few more on freddie's.
      Webmaster:
      @forumz

Comment

• Mafukie
        • Apr 2000

Is that off advertizements or what? I always wanted a dedicated like that but it seems so far away

Comment

• Martin
          • Apr 2000
          • 3.5.x

well, advertisements help pay for things, but advertising on the net is rock bottom right now.

In December I was making $1500-1800/month.

In January I made a grand total of $400, this month I'm looking at about $350.
          Webmaster:
          @forumz

Comment

• version2
            • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Martin
            well, advertisements help pay for things, but advertising on the net is rock bottom right now.

In December I was making $1500-1800/month.

In January I made a grand total of $400, this month I'm looking at about $350.
            Why is that? Are they just not paying much anymore?
            version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
            Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• Martin
              • Apr 2000
              • 3.5.x

the big companies that were advertising have dropped it since they have name recognition now, the little companies aren't seeing it as effective, so yes, the prices the prices have dropped drasticly.

I expect it will turn around within a year or so as they start getting more conventional companies to advertise online.
              Webmaster:
              @forumz

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

well i just moved to my new server at www.venturesonline.com as well

the forum's domain is being moved - but for now it's at the new location at http://216.74.77.39/

Dual p3 866
                512mb ram
                18gb 10k scsi hdd

:: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• chrispadfield
                  • Aug 2000

eva i thought you were going with a company that got bought by burst or something?
                  Christopher Padfield
                  Web Based Helpdesk
                  DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• version2
                    • Feb 2001

Originally posted by eva2000
                    well i just moved to my new server at www.venturesonline.com as well

the forum's domain is being moved - but for now it's at the new location at http://216.74.77.39/

Dual p3 866
                    512mb ram
                    18gb 10k scsi hdd

Wow...that is a noticeable speed improvement eva2k.
                    version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
                    Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

• dunefreak
                      • Oct 2000

On your recommendation I have just signed up for a new server with them (and yes I said that you referred me). I have to say, so far, they are incredible to deal with. Very personal people. Thank you.
                      Off-Road Forum

Comment

• Martin
                        • Apr 2000
                        • 3.5.x

I figgered eva would be there soon. it was him who turned me on to the guy that started the company

The people who started this company were the support people for the company eva hosted with. They bailed around the time of the burst buyout and started their own company.

I hope daniel will at least buy me some girlscout cookies for this
                        Webmaster:
                        @forumz

Comment

• George L
                          Former vBulletin Support
                          • May 2000
                          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by chrispadfield
                          eva i thought you were going with a company that got bought by burst or something?
                          not anymore i had to cut my costs by cancelling my server there and with 4webspace/tera-byte and merge to one server and save 20% in hosting costs each month

and guess what after i cancel - burst/ultraspeedusa.com wrongfully deducted US$1200 from my credit card

their billing at burst.net said i didn't pay for Jan and Feb 2001 which is totally incorrect so their management is looking into it
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• George L
                            Former vBulletin Support
                            • May 2000
                            • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dunefreak
                            On your recommendation I have just signed up for a new server with them (and yes I said that you referred me). I have to say, so far, they are incredible to deal with. Very personal people. Thank you.
                            yes, daniel and pat at Venturesonline are very personal to deal with

what's more daniel loves anime probably more than i do hehe

Comment

• George L
                              Former vBulletin Support
                              • May 2000
                              • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Martin

I figgered eva would be there soon. it was him who turned me on to the guy that started the company

The people who started this company were the support people for the company eva hosted with. They bailed around the time of the burst buyout and started their own company.

I hope daniel will at least buy me some girlscout cookies for this
                              yep..

i had to cut hosting costs so did the move especially being tempted by a dual cpu server hehe

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...