• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • George L
    Former vBulletin Support
    • May 2000
    • 3.8.x

Any interest in vB hosting ?

Okay i thought i'd post this for those small - medium sized vB owners who are looking for hosting specifically geared towards vbulletins and don't want to admin a server themselves

something like a hosting package like this

- 800MB space
    - 2 ip addresses
    - 5 pop accounts/forwarders etc
    - control panel for email, stats, and mysql database management with phpmyadmin built in
    - 30GB/month bandwidth
    - PHP 4.04 pl1 compiled with zlib support, MySQL 3.23.34 and Zend optimiser v1.0

the accounts would be hosted on a 2 server setup - a web server + a dedicated mysql server

Web server
    Dual 1GB mhz
    1.5gb ram
    2 x 18 GB scsi

Database server
    Dual 1GB mhz
    2gb ram
    2 x 18Gb scsi

so each 800mb, 30gb/month package would be around US$275 - 300/month plus a setup fee ?

Would there be any interest ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]
  • Shoe
    • May 2000

maybe lower cost a bit with a smaller setup option for small boards? What about unlimited mirrors (domain parking). This is a good idea, however!
    Last edited by Shoe; Sat 17 Feb '01, 9:40pm.
    "The best time to sleep is just before waking up."

--Shoebuddy Jones

Comment

• George L
      Former vBulletin Support
      • May 2000
      • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Shoe
      maybe lower cost a bit with a smaller setup option for small boards? What about unlimited mirrors (domain parking). This is a good idea, however!
      how about something like

- 500MB space
      - 1 ip addresses
      - control panel for email, stats, and mysql database management with phpmyadmin built in
      - 20GB/month bandwidth
      - PHP 4.04 pl1 compiled with zlib support, MySQL 3.23.34 and Zend optimiser v1.0

US$185/month + $200 setup

The control panel allows you to setup your own subdomains and add mime/handler types etc as well as having a browser based file manager for your site
      :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• Godin
        • Oct 2000

Bear in mind you can pickup vhosts of that 500mb package order for $30 a month from places like interserver, and its more than possible to run a vB there.

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by Godin
          Bear in mind you can pickup vhosts of that 500mb package order for $30 a month from places like interserver, and its more than possible to run a vB there.
          you could but once you hit 50 - 100 concurrents you'd be kicked off

you're paying for the much higher end package on a 2 server setup which is specifically for vBs

Web server
          Dual 1GB mhz
          1.5gb ram
          2 x 18 GB scsi

Database server
          Dual 1GB mhz
          2gb ram
          2 x 18Gb scsi

ask web hosts what they use for their US$30/month accounts and compare

Comment

• M. Libbert
            • Aug 2000

What company would host this package?
            The DVD Coupon Post

Comment

• Jamie
              • Jan 2001

Originally posted by eva2000

how about something like

- 500MB space
              - 1 ip addresses
              - 20GB/month bandwidth

US$185/month + $200 setup

The control panel allows you to setup your own subdomains and add mime/handler types etc as well as having a browser based file manager for your site
              soulds great, but a bit too pricey and i need to find a new host in the next few hours.

Comment

• George L
                Former vBulletin Support
                • May 2000
                • 3.8.x

Originally posted by M. Libbert
                What company would host this package?
                The company these 2 servers will be with is www.venturesonline.com

sorry for the delays - just moved my own sites to a separate dedicated server with venturesonline.com as well

Comment

• dunefreak
                  • Oct 2000

I have been thinking of going with them as well. Each time I have gone to their admin demo pages, they load incredibly slow. Is this just their demos?
                  Off-Road Forum

Comment

• George L
                    Former vBulletin Support
                    • May 2000
                    • 3.8.x

Originally posted by dunefreak
                    I have been thinking of going with them as well. Each time I have gone to their admin demo pages, they load incredibly slow. Is this just their demos?
                    well the demos seems slower to me - i just moved to venturesonline as well and my whm panel loads very fast

my new venturesonline server is a Dual P3 866, 512mb 18 gb 10k scsi and it started it's first few hours with 70 - 85 concurrent users and the load was only 0.09 with gzip header compression enabled as well

for the above 2 server setup i plan up to 5 - 15 vBs depending on the price and banwdith on

Web server
                    Dual 1GB mhz
                    1.5gb ram
                    2 x 18 GB scsi

Database server
                    Dual 1GB mhz
                    2gb ram
                    2 x 18Gb scsi

Comment

• JimF
                      • May 2000

If I was gonna spend $300/mo, I'd go $100 more and go somewhere that I could su - root

-jim

Comment

• George L
                        Former vBulletin Support
                        • May 2000
                        • 3.8.x

Originally posted by JimF
                        If I was gonna spend $300/mo, I'd go $100 more and go somewhere that I could su - root

-jim
                        well i am targetting those that don't want to/or don't know how to handle that area of server admin and/or can not afford that extra $$$

- i am more than happy to manage and ensure the vB / mysql run smoothly

- it's bridge between the normal virtual hosting and a dedicated server and probably better specs wise than some shared servers out there

when you do outgrow this shared hosting i plan, then you can easily move to a venturesonline dedicated server of your own when you can afford it

Comment

• Dave#
                          • Jul 2000

so each 800mb, 30gb/month package would be around US$275 - 300/month plus a setup fee ?

Would there be any interest ?
                          We pay $225 for a P2 400 mhz with 256 meg ram, 9 gig SCSI and 75 gig of data transfer from dialtone so I guess no
                          http://forums.cpfc.org/

Comment

• chrispadfield
                            • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Dave#

We pay $225 for a P2 400 mhz with 256 meg ram, 9 gig SCSI and 75 gig of data transfer from dialtone so I guess no
                            you aint the only one, although i got mine upgrrade to a PIII650 with 256MB. (cost more.. i only started with 64MB ram!)
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk
                            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• dunefreak
                              • Oct 2000

Who are you guys hosting with for those prices?
                              Off-Road Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...