X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TotalBS
    • Apr 2000
    • 4.2.X

anyone using AIT?

I was wondering if anyone has been able to install vb on an AIT server.

They don't 'support' mySQL, but if you can get it installed I suppose it would work.

My problem is, I don't want to learn how to install mySQL. I've tried to steer away from Telneting and over techincal stuff when I can (for lack of time).

I will probably switch to one of these other servers mentioned here if I can't get it worked out there.

If you know of anyone using AIT that might have mySQL, please let me know.

Thanks, Brian
    Brian Shea (G+)
    FallenBrothers.com and SevenSages.com
  • TotalBS
    • Apr 2000
    • 4.2.X

damn, I'm still a junior member.

I keep coming back day after day, and now I feel like I'll have to contribute more. Of course, I'll have to get mySQL before I get vb, but it's coming.

I love this product.
    Brian Shea (G+)
    FallenBrothers.com and SevenSages.com

Comment

• Wake America
      • May 2000

AVOID AIT

Do NOT plan on hosting a mySQL app with AIT.

They are a fine host-- good prices, fast service. As you said though, they do not offer or support mySQL. They say you can install it and set it up yourself, but don't bother!

We attempted it, and after 4 days of constant phone calls and emails, we could not get the proper permissions to set up mySQL. After getting it to the final point, we needed someone with root access to type in the final 2 lines to activate it. Took a day and a half to even get an answer on that one... and still we didn't have permissions to create our own tables.

In other words, don't do it. We went to OLM for the hosting of this site, which uses quite a bit of mySQL.

See America on the Web! RealVideo / Charles Kuralt style

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...