This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Susan
    • May 2000

Wow, werehere! Those are some impressive numbers. Obviously, you aren't using an ad broker like we are. However, using an ad broker for CPM ads, we could pay for a dedicated and possibly have some left over with our 18K views a day. But then we wouldn't have money left over to buy cool things like VB licenses. <G> Our virt. account at dids.com is $60 a month with 20GB of bandwidth and 150MB of space...the server we're on has been up over 70 days now and ICQ's get answered almost 24 hours a day. We don't need a dedicated, YET.

Susan

Comment

• WildWayz
      • May 2000
      • 3.6.x

I have to say that setting up a vBulletin is easy once you know the MySQL login details and IP address.

I was given a dedicated server by my webhost - similar to your spec (AMD K6-2 500, 64mb RAM, 13GB hard disk, 20GB traffic, Redhat 6.2 + WebAdmin) and it was easy to setup.
      I used WebAdmin to create a MySQL user and et voila - worked first time!

--WildWayz

Comment

• George L
        Former vBulletin Support
        • May 2000
        • 3.8.x

cool wild wayz so you use webmin panel as well..

i am no longer worried about covering dedicated server costs since this month's ad revenues for only 1 of my sites are enough for the next 2 - 3 months

i am not worried about space too i have 8.2 GB out of 10 GB free...

does SSI called pages work ?

okay what about 1 UBB and 1 vbulletin installed for 2 different sites on the same server ? has anyone done this ?
        :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
        :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• David Copeland
          • May 2000

[b]Susan . . .

What is the link to your forum?

DAVID COPELAND
          Licensed VB Holder Since 2000
          Celebrating 22 Years with VB

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...