Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kisby
    • Apr 2002

Forumhost.com - how are they vs VO?

I am currently using ventures online and they are wonderful, but expensive. I have a VPS 8000 account with VO. How would that compare with ForumHost's Celeron 1gh dedicated server? I have a moderately busy site (1700+ members, up to 50+ online at one time)

How is FH's customer service/support? Would they help me upgrade to vB 3.0 when available?

Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
  • Chaotic Reality
    • May 2003

Originally posted by kisby
    I am currently using ventures online and they are wonderful, but expensive. I have a VPS 8000 account with VO. How would that compare with ForumHost's Celeron 1gh dedicated server? I have a moderately busy site (1700+ members, up to 50+ online at one time)

How is FH's customer service/support? Would they help me upgrade to vB 3.0 when available?

I've been with them for a couple months and service has been great, although I'm not a dedicated server customer.

J.

Comment

• Floris
      • Dec 2001

They seem pretty new, and their dedicated hosting link doesn't work .. so no information is known to me.

I am admin on a server (dedicated) that is hosted at venturesonline, and seems fine so far, very quick support and good uptime.

Maybe try to compare some reviews about vb-host.com (theforumhost) and VO.

Wish I could help out more ! Good luck

Comment

• Chaotic Reality
        • May 2003

Originally posted by xiphoid
        They seem pretty new, and their dedicated hosting link doesn't work .. so no information is known to me.

I am admin on a server (dedicated) that is hosted at venturesonline, and seems fine so far, very quick support and good uptime.

Maybe try to compare some reviews about vb-host.com (theforumhost) and VO.

Wish I could help out more ! Good luck
        The dedicated links work fine for me.

J.

Comment

• Martyjp
          • Jun 2001

Have you looked at www.rackshack.net

I have been using them for over 2 years now and just orderd my third server from them. To compare theforumhosts $99 server with one of theirs theforumhost gives you 1ghz celeron, 512mb ram, 40gb hard drive and 200gb data transfer, at rackshack you get 1.3ghz celeron, 512mb ram, 60gb hard drive and 700gb data transfer, oh and at the moment rackshack are doing $1 setup fees

Comment

• Floris
            • Dec 2001

Hey, they work !
            But now downloads doesn't work ?

Comment

• Chaotic Reality
              • May 2003

Originally posted by xiphoid
              Hey, they work !
              But now downloads doesn't work ?
              That one hasn't worked since the new site was put up; you probably clicked on that one and thought you were clicking on dedicated.

J.

Comment

• Floris
                • Dec 2001

Probably.

Comment

• Pyromaniac
                  • Jul 2003

I've had service issues with TheForumsHost.com. They can't seem to get things right the first time and take days getting back to you on things that need immediate attention.
                  TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

Comment

• tgillespie
                    • Dec 2002
                    • 3.7.x

Does he not list dedicated servers on the status page? Or does he only have a few dedicated servers available?
                    Trent Gillespie Mod Theater Gillespie Photography

Comment

• Pyromaniac
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by kisby

They are terrible. Read my review here:

As a friend I am telling you, avoid them at all cost.
                      TheForumHost.com is now known as inlandhosting.net. You can switch your name, but you can not switch who you are OR your reputation.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...