VenturesOnline - anything BAD about them?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • phenom
    • Feb 2003

VenturesOnline - anything BAD about them?

I've read a lot of positive posts here about VO. I'm wondering though, everything can't be perfect. Is there anything bad about VO? Anybody have bad experiences with VO? I'm shopping around now because my current host is not as reliable in regards to uptime as I'd like.
  • Coreace
    • Jul 2000

I have not heard anything bad about VO. There will always be 'something' bad among the good things with a provider. No one is perfect. Overall VO seems to have a high level of satisfaction (compared to others). However, there are also other providers who can give you quality hosting.

Comment

• bahawolf
      • Oct 2002

Originally posted by Coreace
      I have not heard anything bad about VO. There will always be 'something' bad among the good things with a provider. No one is perfect. Overall VO seems to have a high level of satisfaction (compared to others). However, there are also other providers who can give you quality hosting.
      I havent heard anything bad about them, except my own opinion. For what they offer, they are pretty expensive. I know host's that could give double the amount, and still pay the same. I'm not flaming them, but for that reason, I wouldn't go with them. Personally, I'd suggest them only for smaller site's. Because 500MB can easily be sucked out of a host by 150+ users on the board... plus other files. So for me, their just not the right way to go right now. I hope that you DO find a host you enjoy, VO or someone else. Have a good day.

Comment

• bahawolf
        • Oct 2002

Just found this in the testomonial thread, page 4.

Originally posted by Dribbles
        Venturesonline (I'm using the V500 plan) is really starting to aggrivate me. My server load is never under 7 ... it's usually somewhere between 12 and 30 ... once it hit 60!!!! I thought server loads under 1 were good, now days I am happy to get 10. I feel ripped off actually.

Comment

• rfdesq
          • Oct 2002
          • 3.0.0 Beta 5

I have been with VO for about six months. Their tech support is the finest. My only complaint about them is that about three weeks ago they limited my email checking to once every five minutes. For the first five and a half months there was no problem checking my mail every minute. That is my only complaint.

Robert

Comment

• ForzaGrifo
            • May 2001

I've been with vo for about 2 yrs now. No complaints so far. Their cust. service is very good. I would highly recommend it.

Comment

• Steve Machol
              Former Customer Support Manager
              • Jul 2000

Hmmm...let me think. They once refused to make a $5000 donation in my name to the Society for the Presevation of Aging Geeks. And I asked real nice too!
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• MysticalGirl
                • Mar 2003

Shared server accounts can typically have the high server loads, that is my only complaint. Any help tickets that I have had have ALL been answered and problems have ALL been solved.

I bought a second server from them just yesterday! I love them!

Comment

• phenom
                  • Feb 2003

is vbulletin.com hosted by VO?

Comment

• vBR
                    • Apr 2002

Originally posted by phenom
                    is vbulletin.com hosted by VO?
                    I believe so.

Comment

• Steve Machol
                      Former Customer Support Manager
                      • Jul 2000

Yes, it is.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• SaintDog
                        • Nov 2001
                        • 3.5.x

Which speaks highly of VO's uptime -- I hardly ever see vBulletin down.

Comment

• 0ptima
                          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by SaintDog
                          Which speaks highly of VO's uptime -- I hardly ever see vBulletin down.
                          Thats a good point.... I wanna switch in May to another host. Does VO have SSH?

Comment

• stanmxl
                            • Mar 2003

Originally posted by 0ptima
                            Thats a good point.... I wanna switch in May to another host. Does VO have SSH?
                            Yes.

Comment

• Jake Bunce
                              • Dec 2000
                              • 3.6.x

they don't suck

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...