Need new Dedicated server HELP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GMTalk
    • Aug 2000

So Chris...any thoughts on which version on MySQL I should use for the AMD Processor?

Comment

• chrispadfield
      • Aug 2000

oh your shop.. we think alike.. http://www.sciencefictionshop.com will be mine at some point

I am hoping to make a nice mySQL database for it, with the image links, url for various affiliate programs (multiple countries etc) space for a review, ratings etc all that sort of thing. So i actually have an updated directory. Also means that when i move to selling stuff through it myself (longer term plan) it will be easy to do.. so have a mixture of selling amazon.com stuff as well as custom made coffee mugs/posters etc.
      Christopher Padfield
      Web Based Helpdesk
      DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• chrispadfield
        • Aug 2000

sorry.. sort of overtook your thread there. I assume you are asking chris schreiber, as i have no idea
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

• George L
          Former vBulletin Support
          • May 2000
          • 3.8.x

Originally posted by GMTalk
          So Chris...any thoughts on which version on MySQL I should use for the AMD Processor?
          yeah Chris S - wrong chris, sort of happens when there's so many chris' out there

as to the image serving i am doing it from another sit ei have which i have unlimited web space and bandwidth from simplenet.com/Yahoo web services... i never changed to their new plans as it would of limited me to 30GB/month

as to the store, we do think alike - cause i am also doing a search on t-shirt offerings for my Animeboards forums members - i looked at cafepress.com and iprint.com but shipping to Australia is expensive.. just found out one of my member's cousin owns a printing company and could possible do shirts but in Sweeden the prices would still be expensive

sorry for getting this thread off topic
          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

• GMTalk
            • Aug 2000

ok just take over the thread sheesh

Comment

• Chris Schreiber
              • Jun 2000
              • 4.0.x

Originally posted by GMTalk
              John-

Yes I would not install any of the pre-compiled versions of MySQL since they are all compiled on Intel processors. Instead I would download the source code (I used 3.23.27 on Eva's server) and compile it your machine. If you need a hand with this, just let me know.

-Chris

Comment

• GMTalk
                • Aug 2000

ok well I DLed this version:

mysql-3.23.27-beta.tar.gz

I followed the instructions on the page you had given me previously in another thread and all went well. Now I am in the process of uploading the files for the board

Hopefully all will go well. Crossing fingers, knocking on wood and looking for that 4 leaf clover

Comment

• brookzki
                  • Mar 2012

Aside from the topic above do you have any idea about printing services Seattle? Because I knew that you have idea about it, so please give me your insights here. Thanks!

Comment

• TonnyF
                    • Jun 2011

If you need to buy a quality and stable dedicated server, visit b2netsolutions.com dedicated servers.
                    They provide a lot of useful servers with high uptime and their prices are quite reasonable.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...