• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrPieElsa
    • Mar 2018
    • 5.0.x

which host is better for vbulletin?

Hi everybody,
    I have a wonder to choose hosting for vbulletin website. Between hosgator share hosting and digital ocean vps?
    Can you give me a advice to choose one better?
    Thanks so much!
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

A hosting provider with Apache 2.4, PHP 7.2, and MySQL 5.7. That is what you're looking for to run vBulletin 5.

Other than that, you will have to look to see which one provides the better options for you.

- With Hostgator, you get a control panel and they support, control, secure, and update the server. They will also provide regular backups. You can do most everything through point and click in a web browser.

- With Digital Ocean, you get more control and access to the command line of your server shard. They provide little assistance in managing things for you. You will be in charge of making sure your VM is up to date and runs properly. You will be in charge of backing up your software. This will require knowledge of using the OS that you choose for your VM or droplet.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 24 May '18, 9:45am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mattwhf
      • May 2016
      • 4.2.x

Originally posted by MrPieElsa
      Hi everybody,
      I have a wonder to choose hosting for vbulletin website. Between hosgator share hosting and digital ocean vps?
      I used both these hosting providers but they are not really good to run vBulletin forums, pricing of Hosgator is pretty high while the quality of service is not good (you can read reviews online about this provider). For Digitalocean, you need to know how to manage your hosting server completely and if you need to have a fast hosting, you need to upgrade your plan to higher ones to have better CPUs, RAM...etc.

If you need a fast VPS hosting with good support, I would recommend this provider
      https://forumweb.hosting/marketplace...d-traffic.492/

Their VPS hosting is using Plesk hosting control panel and I used for some websites and its speed is awesome.

Hope it helps!
      Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
      Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment

• aagcrc
        • Jul 2018
        • 4.2.x

Hi everyone, I have a vbulleting forum with a 15gb database size and around 75gb of monthly bandwidth.
        What hosting provider and solution would you recommend?

Thank you

Comment

• In Omnibus
          • Apr 2010

Originally posted by aagcrc
          Hi everyone, I have a vbulleting forum with a 15gb database size and around 75gb of monthly bandwidth.

Thank you
          Get yourself a good VPS like DreamHost:

Award Winning Web Hosting? Yes, but more importantly, we make sure our customer's websites load fast, stay secure & are up 100% of the time. We guarantee it.

Comment

• Mattwhf
            • May 2016
            • 4.2.x

Originally posted by aagcrc

Thank you
            There are many good hosting providers out there, to help you for this, you need to let me know which type of hosting do you need for your forum. A shared hosting or a VPS?
            In the other hand, if your forum is having high traffic, you can go with a dedicated server but this costs more.
            Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
            Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment

• Frank Davis
              • Sep 2012
              • 5.3.x

I use way3.com he is amazing and addresses any and all issues immediately and is very familiar with vbulletin type issues
              Big Enough to Get the Job Done … Small Enough to Care From the individual who desires full functionality on a small budget to large

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...