• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • paperinik4
    • Sep 2013
    • 5.0.X

When I install vbulletin appears blank page

Hello everyone,

I have a problem during the installation vbulletin 4.2.3 When I go to insert miosito.it/install/install.php appears to me a no apparent error blank page. I tried changing the browser from Firefox to Chrome, but same result. What should I do ???? I await your urgent response thanks enough.

P.S .: Sorry for the translation, but he did everything google translator does not know English
  • Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead
    • Aug 2000

Blank pages are indicators of PHP Fatal Errors. What version of PHP is installed on the server? You need to use PHP 5.4 or 5.5 for vBulletin 4.2.3. I recommend installing vBulletin 4.2.4 which is the latest version. It supports PHP 5.6.X. If you have PHP 7 installed on the server, you will need to install the vBulletin 5.2.5 release candidate.

Add this in your /includes/config.php under <php
    ini_set("display_errors", true);

Does the output change?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• paperinik4
      • Sep 2013
      • 5.0.X

Dear Wayne Luke, In my server it is installed php 7 and I have the version 4.2.3 vbulletin, if I lower the php version there are no problems down with the 5 okay ???? Currently on vbulletin 4 .2.3 it is installed php version 5.4.0. I tried to install the 4.2.4 version of vbulletin but I could not find any guidance on the installation in Italian. In addition the installation of vbulletin 5 is still not recommended because there is not a complete translation from all'ialiano. Since I only know the Italian as a language. Sorry if my English is not perfect, but it is helping me Golle translator. Thanks and I am waiting for your reply soon.

Comment

• Wayne Luke
        vBulletin Technical Support Lead
        • Aug 2000

You need to use vBulletin 4.2.5 with PHP 7. vBulletin 4.2.3 will not work with that version of PHP. Installation for 4.2.3, 4.2.4 and 4.2.5 are the same.

Unfortunately, we do not provide support in Italian at this time.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• paperinik4
          • Sep 2013
          • 5.0.X

Dear Wayne Luke, I tried to install the next version of vbulletin, but in the install folder does not exist the install.php file. Where can I find it ???? Also the line that I was given to her, namely: ini_set ( "display_errors", true); where it needs to be inserted into the config.php ??? I put it in the end but nothing has changed. Always blank page me. Appearance as usual as soon as its notize thanks

Comment

• Mark.B
            vBulletin Support
            • Feb 2004
            • 6.0.X

The install.php file is always present in the /install/ folder.

If you are certain yours isn't, then either you've accidentally deleted it, or else something has gone wrong with your download.

Download a fresh copy of the files from the vBulletin members area.
            MARK.B
            vBulletin Support
            ------------
            My Unofficial vBulletin 6.0.0 Demo: https://www.talknewsuk.com
            My Unofficial vBulletin Cloud Demo: https://www.adminammo.com

Comment

• paperinik4
              • Sep 2013
              • 5.0.X

Dear Mark.B, I saw in the install / install.php folder actually the installation files there. Now I do not know if there was an error during upload. However I am currently uploading the 4.2.4 version and vediamos and so many times I can fix it. I wanted to know three pieces of information: 1) The Italian language is fine that the 4.2.3. ??? If not where can I fix it ??? 2) The config.php file is configured as for 4.2.3 right ??? 3) Lastly, I wanted to know if there is much difference with the previous version Thank you

Comment

• paperinik4
                • Sep 2013
                • 5.0.X

Dear Wayne Luke and Mark.B, We add the suggeritami line by Luke, I get the following error on screen: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/bmqstpfm/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 5320 What does it mean ??? And what shall I do ??? Thanks I look forward to your instructions.

Comment

• Mark.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  • Feb 2004
                  • 6.0.X

Originally posted by paperinik4
                  Dear Wayne Luke and Mark.B, We add the suggeritami line by Luke, I get the following error on screen: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/bmqstpfm/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 5320 What does it mean ??? And what shall I do ??? Thanks I look forward to your instructions.
                  That means you have not added the line correctly.
                  You need to follow the below instructions PRECISELY, and include ALL the code in the box.

Add this in your /includes/config.php under the <?php line at the top:
                  PHP Code:
                  ini_set("display_errors"true); 
                  MARK.B
                  vBulletin Support
                  ------------

Comment

• paperinik4
                    • Sep 2013
                    • 5.0.X

Dear Mark.B,

Which instructions you are talking about ??? Compiling the config.php until a few days ago it worked.

Comment

• Mark.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      • Feb 2004
                      • 6.0.X

Dear Mark.B,

Which instructions you are talking about ??? Compiling the config.php until a few days ago it worked.
                      The instructions in my post above.
                      MARK.B
                      vBulletin Support
                      ------------

Comment

• paperinik4
                        • Sep 2013
                        • 5.0.X

Dear Mark.B, As I wrote earlier, I put at the beginning of the line php she suggested and I appeared the following on-screen error:
                        Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in /home/bmqstpfm/public_html/includes/functions.php on line 5320
                        Now what should I do ???? Appearance and pricisa a clear answer on how I must move on. Thank you.

Comment

• Mark.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          • Feb 2004
                          • 6.0.X

What is the current version of both php and vBulletin that you are currently using?
                          MARK.B
                          vBulletin Support
                          ------------

Comment

• paperinik4
                            • Sep 2013
                            • 5.0.X

The current version I have installed until a few days ago is the php 4.2.3 with the server brought a 7 but I can wanting to decrease to 5.4.0 What should I do ????

Comment

• Mark.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              • Feb 2004
                              • 6.0.X

The current version I have installed until a few days ago is the php 4.2.3 with the server brought a 7 but I can wanting to decrease to 5.4.0 What should I do ????
                              If you are running vBulletin 4.2.3, then you need to be running one of the following versions of php:

No other versions will work.
                              MARK.B
                              vBulletin Support
                              ------------

Comment