X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • napy8gen
    • Jul 2001
    • 6.X

Stablehost.com shared hosting failed to install vb5

Hello Guys, I needed this setting upgraded to finish step 20 of vbulletin 5.2.6 upgrade. At the moment my host is stablehost.com and it cannot upgrade the setting. I also experience slow loading website with stablehost.com It blamed wordpress and vbulletin.

I usually skip step 20 and delete the install folder. But this time it won't login me into admincp.

wait_timeout should be at least 120 seconds.
    The max_packet should be 8 megabytes
    Do you know which hosting company offered shared hosting package that support this mySQL setting upgrade. I already asked couple of companies but their shared only offered wait_timeout for 20seconds.

This needed at time of installation/upgrading vbulletin5.

I don't need VPS since my forum only to show skins. very few user activities. Less than 10 people.
    Last edited by napy8gen; Thu 16 Feb '17, 4:54am.
    Get Our vbulletin 6 themes
  • Mattwhf
    • May 2016
    • 4.2.x

Originally posted by napy8gen

Do you know which hosting company offered shared hosting package that support this mySQL setting upgrade. I already asked couple of companies but their shared only offered wait_timeout for 20seconds.

This needed at time of installation/upgrading vbulletin5.

I don't need VPS since my forum only to show skins. very few user activities. Less than 10 people.
    If you don't need VPS then I would recommend you to go with this shared provider.

http://forumweb.hosting/14937-30-lif...loudlinux.html

see the features that he is offering

Code:
    All of our plans, shared and reseller, include:
    The latest versions of cPanel and WHM
    Pure SSD Storage
    CloudLinux
    R1Soft cPanel plugin
    100+ one-click install scripts, with Softaculous
    UNLIMITED email addresses, domains, databases and FTP accounts
    SSH access
    99.9% Uptime guarantee
    Our 30-Day money back guarantee!
    Additional discounts for pre-paying

^*^*^ Special Offer ^*^*^
    30% OFF your plan FOREVER!!!
    To claim, just use coupon code '30off'!
    All plans below show pricing with the discount applied.
    Originally posted by napy8gen
    I already asked couple of companies but their shared only offered wait_timeout for 20seconds.
    You can PM him to ask for the support before purchasing.
    If possible, you should go with a reseller hosting for your forum, it is not more expensive than a shared provider.

I am using VPS and dedicated server but If I have a chance to use a shared hosting for my sites then I will choose this provider.

Hope that helped.
    Web Hosting Forum - Learn web hosting and offering your web hosting plans for free!
    Tranh phong cảnh, tranh nghệ thuật đẹp, bếp từ nhập khẩu chất lượng cao!

Comment

• webgeek247
      • Mar 2006
      • 5.7.X

vBulletin 5 upgrades successfully on web hosting account at HostXNow.com and page load speeds are blazing fast.
      Web Hosting Forum | Fastest Hosting | Backup Storage

Comment

• napy8gen
        • Jul 2001
        • 6.X

Thank you guys.
        After 4 days of support. Stablehost has kindly enough to stretch their muscle to allow the install script to run longer. They given the setting needed as Wayne from vbulletin instructed (max time out 120 and max packet 8mb) and kindly enough to give max memory 512mb ram to it. Their upper support level seems generous with this settings compared to lower level support.

I am a vbulletin designer with many vb5 styles. The last step 20 is the script doing the styles merging the templates

I also would like to thank publicly, KP from digitalfaq.com for helping me. He is the first one who manage to install the upgrade script with his server.
        Get Our vbulletin 6 themes

Comment